Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wendyl)
    theres ben so much fuss bout havin all this snow and cold weather..i havent seen snow yet..so if you have snow let me no so i can be jealous..if you dont have snow let us no anyhow..im bored lol
    We had quite a lot of snow today!!! .....................unfortunate ly not enough 2 b off skool!!

ReputationRep:
    theres ben so much fuss bout havin all this snow and cold weather..i havent seen snow yet..so if you have snow let me no so i can be jealous..if you dont have snow let us no anyhow..im bored lol
    weve had lots of snow!!!!! in the staffs here that is. yay! snow!!! im quite satisfied with the amount of snowballs i threw. yes.

ReputationRep:
    we had some snow... it settled for about 5 mins then melted. damnation.

ReputationRep:
    There is loads of snow in sheffield, and it has laid quite well. The snow is really fluffy and light so the snowballs aren't that good.

Since sheffield is really hilly, my friend walked past 2 car crashes within the space of about 100m. He said one guy put his handbrake on the top of a hill, and then slid back into another car. Be careful!

Adam

ReputationRep:
    It's stopped snowing, and I have a bad feeling that much of it will e gone by tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It's stopped snowing, and I have a bad feeling that much of it will e gone by tomorrow morning.
    I hope there's still snow tomorrow morning. I'm on gate duty and I want to get a few teachers' cars as they come in!

J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    That doesn't compare to an intercollegial snowball war. First it was us Aedians having a "playful" fight in one of our quads. But then we got invaded by Oriel. Suffice to say we easily conquered them. Oriel and ChCh then made an alliance with Oriel and proceeded to Pembroke and "whooped their ass" to borrow an american phrase. Oriel then left to go and conquer Someone Else, probably Merton, while we just had fights among ourselves. we then got invaded by hordes of barbarians, namely Pembroke, Corpus Christy and some others. And as there were only a few of us remaining when they attacked, we were sorely beaten.

for those of you without the bloodlust gene, here are some pretty pictures of Christ Church in the snow:

Tom Quad
    The Hall
    if anyone wants to see more pictures of snowy christ church go to http://www.christchurchsnow.co.nr the pictures were taken this morning, so there is not that much snow as yesterday as it has melted

ReputationRep:
    Been out on the sledge with my sister today, just to our local 'heath'. Good fun, made a giant mutated rabbit in the snow and well as rolling aimlessly down various mounds. Still cold from it hours later...

We haven't had it hugely thick, but school was cancelled- probably due to dangerous roads etc causing problems for teachers. Has part melted away now, so may well be back to work tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    there's more photos here and this is our sports ground (a rugby match was called off today because of the snow )

ReputationRep:
    In lowly old Carshalton Beeches we had snow last night but now most of it has melted, I am very disappointed because I expected alot more.

I was hoping my driving lesson would be cancelled but the roads cleared and I had to go out. Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    Aaargghhh! My older bro just came back home, and chucked a big slushy snowball at me, going all over me, a bit on my keyboard, and on the floor. Never mind, I'm gonna get him back with a huge snowball tomorrow when he's in bed.

ReputationRep:
    we got a record 3 seconds of snow..(thats in N.ireland by the way)

ReputationRep:
    we got a record 3 seconds of snow..(thats in N.ireland by the way)
    leave northern ireland then....your probably not wanted anyway!

ReputationRep:
    The snow's mostly melted now, and I couldn't get my brother back! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My snow has all gone now too. I wonder if it will ever come back. There was more snow for me than this last year.

ReputationRep:
    Northampton: The snow has melted, and refrozen! There's ice everywhere! Goodangit! Oh well, with global warming and everything, we can expect the same next year, and prob for a bit longer!

ReputationRep:
    Ours is nearly all gone - my snow penguin in the front garden is suffering from a terrible wasting disease, having lost its beak and feet Oh well, I had a blissful day off school, though alas I now have a cold as the consequence of my day in the snow

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.