Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steff_stephanie)
    Yep, what he said. But probably some more running and beeping, let's be honest
    Also, I just realised I got the order wrong, it should have been:

Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run
    Beep
    Run

If you ran before it beeped you'd be disqualified!

ReputationRep:
    I used to drop out after the first beep, just so I could sit down and watch the fat kids wallow in the misery.

ReputationRep:
    It is a simple endurance test, I and a few others finished it in the Army, most of the guys got to about level 17-18

ReputationRep:
    most i got was around the 13-14 mark but it is gruelling stuff

ReputationRep:
    The Bleep Test?! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, you have to coincide all the swearing you do with the bleeps.

ReputationRep:
    Highest I managed was 14 but I was cheating at the time by finishing an entire pack of Juicy Fruit gum during the test to keep my throat from drying up. Pretty dangerous in retrospect. My usual level is 12. There was a girl in my class who hit 16 almost effortlessly and she got asked afterwards to represent our county in cross-country. Most girls dropped out at 7-9, even the chubsters managed 7.

EDIT:

We had to do the bleep test every half-term and improve or else we'd get in trouble. Does anyone else also remember the Mile Run through the woods which was actually not even a mile but two?

ReputationRep:
    I hate sports but anything to do with fitness I loved. I beat my whole class of sporty girls. Such a good feeling. xD

(Original post by posietoes)
    Did you never do it in PE at school?

It's kinda like torture
    Not really, because you can stop whenever you want.

ReputationRep:
    I remember getting a 4, but I dropped out early on purpose as a joke (seriously, i hated PE - I often used to run the wrong way arround races to piss the teacher off)

Got to give it to the teacher though, he was really happy and praising when I got an 8.6 or something the next time we did it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Not at my school! If the teacher thought you were dropping out early they made you go back. The chubby people only had to do a couple then just sat at the side for the next 20 minutes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    In theory you can. I use to dread doing it as I always wanted to drop out, but you just have to keep going until it's at an un-embarrassing enough point to stop.

Just reminds me how much I hated PE

ReputationRep:
    Why hate? I used to love it.

I'm really competitive by nature, so it felt like a good opportunity to rub it in people's faces that you're better than them. Shame that I never outright won it though, always got the last 7 or so and then stitched up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.