Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me look good for spring. Pics included. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mandds - Thank you again for more fantastic advice.
    I went out and got the pink tinted vaseline that was mentioned, and really love it. It's subtle, which is really nice for me.
    I also got this top and some skinny jeans, which I will post....

The camisole is floral, but not overly girly, and I think it looks okay on my body shape. My only issue now is that the top is blue/grey, and the trousers are grey... I'm worried it might make me look a bit washed out without any colour. Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions? Good choice....or not? Thanks.

I couldn't afford to buy any bronzers/highlighters/eye shadows as I'm a bit tight for cash at the moment, so I'm hoping that if I keep it simple with the lip balm, tinted moisuriser, mascara, blush and eyeliner, it will be okay.

Thanks again to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    The clothes look great!!!
    You said you already have make up right? Why don't you post a picture of your thing and I can give you some suggestions...you don't need to buy things for a nice makeup

ReputationRep:
    Ooh those clothes are lovely, and they definitely go well together I don't think the colours will wash you out, the top looks blue enough and since you have dark eyes and hair you should be fine.

The make-up sounds fine too! Bronzers/highlighting/eyeshadow are a bit more complicated to learn and get right than the basic eyeliner/mascara/tinted moisturiser, so that's probably not a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Mandds and Loonyplatypus

It's great that you don't think the colour of the clothes will wash me out, as that means I can avoid buying extra stuff.
    I'll post up a pic (no videos this time!) after I've practiced a couple of times, to see if you can give me any suggestions. I wouldn't normally want to have a picture of me floating around on the internet, but it would be pretty embarassing to make an absolute mess of my makeup on the day, when I could have easily got some feedback and have any mistakes pointed out. Also, maybe there will be some improvements to make.

Thanks for all your help so far, I'm already feeling more confident about the meeting. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather, as it's gonna suck if it's chucking it down.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel like posting a picture here you could always PM it so not everyone can see

And yeah, nice weather would be good! It's raining here at the moment and it's making me sad :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's really nice of you. If it's okay with you, I'll PM you the picture when I take it. Thanks so much for everything!

Raining here too, giving me the blues. Cheer up weather!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, well im not really into fashion as such, so im answering this question as if I was in the shoes of Gok Wan

*ahem*

"Listen up girlfrieeend, its time to throw and the old and in with the new, and we give you a makeover and a new hairdo. Im gonna show how to strut your stuff girlfrieeend and learn to love yourself nakeeed. For that noggin go out with the curls and in with the straight girlfrieeend, even cut like Alex Jones. As for makeup, we're going to plump up those juicy lips with some gloss and add some light mascara to bring out those plumpcious eeeeyes, some bronzing foundation will give you that fresh looking tanned coloouuur, don't overdo it though girlfrieend, we're going to 'looker' not 'the joker'. As for clothes, we're gonna raid your wardrobe, throw out those shirt and bring in the sexy skirts girlfrieend, some office attire and dresses are a must to show off them sexy cuuuurves...girlfrieeed"

*gay clicky finger arm swing thing*

As for my own opinion

I think your HOTTT!!!....serves you ex right for losing you, but follow Auntie Goks Rules and you'll have it back in no time!

ReputationRep:
    Viksta1000 - Oh my god, this had me in hysterics! I will listen to Auntie Gok, don't worry. How could I not after that? haha, I used to watch Gok Wan every thursday, love that guy. Thanks for the tips, dude, I appreciate you posting them up
    And thanks for the amazing compliment, too - nicest thing ever, it really made my day. Thank you so much!

I've been Gok'd

ReputationRep:
    you can also send the picture by PM if you want...and just take your time and try out thing...you can also warm up a eyeliner on your hand and then use it as a sheer shadow...and if it went wrong just remove it and try again...nobody saw you that's how I learned to apply make up.

ReputationRep:
    It says there's a password for the video?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennet)
    Thanks, that's really nice of you. If it's okay with you, I'll PM you the picture when I take it. Thanks so much for everything!

Raining here too, giving me the blues. Cheer up weather!
    No problem, I'm happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Viksta1000 - Oh my god, this had me in hysterics! I will listen to Auntie Gok, don't worry. How could I not after that? haha, I used to watch Gok Wan every thursday, love that guy. Thanks for the tips, dude, I appreciate you posting them up
    And thanks for the amazing compliment, too - nicest thing ever, it really made my day. Thank you so much!

I've been Gok'd
    No problemo, happy to help dude....i mean girlfrieeeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    It says there's a password for the video?
    Yeah, the password is noubar - sorry, I got a bit insecure of people seeing it online. It's kind of scary having a video of yourself out there. Now they'll have to read through lenthy dialogue to find the password.... muahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Mandds - if it's okay, I'll send the pictures to you too. I just finished doing them, and I've got dance class tonight so I'm going to wear it out and try and gauge people's reactions to see if it looks okay or not.
    Thanks for the eyeliner tips, too - I just jabbed myself in the eye with it about a hundred times, but hopefully it will come with practice. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Mandds - if it's okay, I'll send the pictures to you too. I just finished doing them, and I've got dance class tonight so I'm going to wear it out and try and gauge people's reactions to see if it looks okay or not.
    Thanks for the eyeliner tips, too - I just jabbed myself in the eye with it about a hundred times, but hopefully it will come with practice. Fingers crossed.
    No worries, i jab my eyes weekly

ReputationRep:
    Mandds - Thank you again for more fantastic advice.
    I went out and got the pink tinted vaseline that was mentioned, and really love it. It's subtle, which is really nice for me.
    I also got this top and some skinny jeans, which I will post....

The camisole is floral, but not overly girly, and I think it looks okay on my body shape. My only issue now is that the top is blue/grey, and the trousers are grey... I'm worried it might make me look a bit washed out without any colour. Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions? Good choice....or not? Thanks.

I couldn't afford to buy any bronzers/highlighters/eye shadows as I'm a bit tight for cash at the moment, so I'm hoping that if I keep it simple with the lip balm, tinted moisuriser, mascara, blush and eyeliner, it will be okay.

Thanks again to everyone.
    really like those two items!if theyre the same colour in real life as they are in the pictures i think they go nicely

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! They are pretty much a match for those colours. I tried them on earlier, and I thought they went well together (what do I know, right?), so I think you're right. I'm glad you like them! New Look have a few other colours of the camisole in at the moment, one pink floral, and one block orange, it wasn't ridiculously expensive either (£12).
    Thanks for the post, though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I tried out the new look last night with some friends, and I think it went okay - but my eyeliner wouldn't stop smudging. Does anybody have anytips to stop that from happening? I only had it on my top waterline, but it kept coming off onto my bottom waterline and just under my eye.

If anyone knows of a way to stop it, that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the links!
    Wow, I'm just going through them all now. Girlondon is really good, I'll be favouriting that one
    Thank you so much for taking the time out to give me some help!

ReputationRep:
    I tried out the new look last night with some friends, and I think it went okay - but my eyeliner wouldn't stop smudging. Does anybody have anytips to stop that from happening? I only had it on my top waterline, but it kept coming off onto my bottom waterline and just under my eye.
    There are different reason why this happens. For one the eyeliner is bad, i know from reviews that the urban decay 12/7 liner is pretty smudge proof, but it's also quite expensive...
    Another idea is to absorb water on your waterline with a cotton swab, then line them and after that you put some black powder on it, to set.

Other than that I can't really give you a satisfying answer. Hope it helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.