The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emeleh
Equally as worrying is the related link below that...
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/man-names-his-firstborn-daughter-%E2%80%98facebook%E2%80%99-blog-17-yahoo-lifestyles.html

...'Man names his daughter Facebook in tribute to social media site' :|

I think the story about the 12 year old girl is more worrying....
What I don't get is how no one could tell that she was pregnant unless she was really fat, as she would have a massive tummy and hormonal (however could be just seen as her being a spoilt brat/ just a brat)
Wow :|
Some answers here are pretty harsh.

Seriously though some people don't get pregnancy symptoms when they are pregnant. Some don't even have big preggy stomach and they would only realise they are pregnant once they give birth. It's very very rare though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
She didn't have her period for 9 months...surely she would of known...
Original post by Lewroll
Sounds a bit fishy to me. How can you not tell that she was pregnant. Unless she was really fat?

Part of the reason why you show is because you realise you are pregnant and automatically drop your stomach muscles. If you dont realise then you actually dont get the same bulge in comparison with what you would if you were aware.
I have a skinny 19yr old friend who made it 7 months without realising!!!

And there are a few tales of people (specially young girls) going to the bathroom thinking they need the loo and actually giving birth!
Reply 26
Original post by woejane
Some girls are so stupid. How do you not realise you've not had a period for 9 months? Especially after you've had sex.

Sex ed needs to be bumped up.

Sex education in the Netherlands is some of the most effective in the world.
Original post by Lewroll
Sounds a bit fishy to me. How can you not tell that she was pregnant. Unless she was really fat?

Sometimes the baby hides somewhere under the ribs or nearer the back so they don't show as much :dontknow:

I remember some women had twins without knowing she was pregnant until she gave birth. She was a size 12, its hardly fat.
Original post by KissMyArtichoke
how could she not notice? I know it might be underweight/ premature or something but it has to be pretty hard not to notice a whole baby inside you surely?

Apparently this happens to more (adult) women then you'd think, maybe not right up to full term but I've heard of people not finding out til they're 6 months gone! :eek: Also, we don't know if she actually didn't know - she may have been hiding it as she was scared of her parent's reaction or, as suggested in the article, her father was abusing her.
Original post by scorpion95
What I don't get is how no one could tell that she was pregnant unless she was really fat, as she would have a massive tummy and hormonal (however could be just seen as her being a spoilt brat/ just a brat)

It happens to plenty of women. Not all women pop out and cry all the time you know. There has been tv programmes where women didn't know until they gave birth.
Original post by loling909
She didn't have her period for 9 months...surely she would of known...

Original post by woejane
Some girls are so stupid. How do you not realise you've not had a period for 9 months? Especially after you've had sex.

Sex ed needs to be bumped up.

It does indeed. You do realise that some females continue to have periods throughout their pregnancy right?
"uh miss! I need the toilet!"

"uurghh...ommgg..urghhh"

*baby pops out*

"oh my no wonder I was hungry"
Reply 32
Original post by kerily
A girl in my Y7 class got pregnant when she was 11. (Really. She was off school for months while getting an abortion etc, and her boyfriend, who was 18, got done on child sex charges.) This sort of thing is appalling, but not as rare as you'd think.

I wouldn't be shocked if this was sexual abuse from her father though, given that she does have a history of that in the family. It's very unfair to jump in and call her a slut without knowing whose it is.

First sensible post of this thread.
she lost it when she was atleast 12...

i had to wait til i was 16 fml.
'Groaning in Groningen.'

Yeah, that's all I can add.
Reply 35
a) Women not realizing they are pregnant happens surprisingly often. You can still get what looks like a period in the early stages in some cases, and even in relatively skinny women it is not always possible to tell definitively, especially if the woman has not been 'eating for two'.
b) Bear in mind that this girl is 12 - she may not have been 'regular' or never even had a period!

More importantly...

c) This sounds like a case of abuse - it may have been hidden for a reason!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
surely you'd feel the baby moving/kicking inside you and wonder what the hell was going on? I'd like to think I'd notice if there was a human growing inside me...
What a fcked up situation.

What a... Fcktuation.
Reply 38
Well at 12, if she gained a bit of weight, noone would automatically assume "oh shes pregnant" like they do with adults. Looking at a child, you wouldnt go "oh, shes pregnant!" if she got a bit fat.
And as for the reason of her not telling anyone, she's 12 - she isn't mature - she was probably terrified and just hoped it would go away, or went into denial. She may not have even had her first period at this age, and if she was abused by her father, she was probably even more terrified.
Reply 39
Original post by JakeyShakey
she lost it when she was atleast 12...

i had to wait til i was 16 fml.

The father of this girl has a history child abuse. I doubt she 'lost it' willingly.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending