Turn on thread page Beta

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    If the 25 year old is under a position of trust it is illegal, e.g. a teacher or doctor.

16 year olds can legally have sex with people over 18 if they want to though as long as they are not in a position of trust.
    Ahhhh I see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Ahhhh I see
    No probs its a bit of a wierd one really, a lot of people assume as soon as you're 16 you're allowed to have sex with anyone else over 16 but in some cases it's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    It does indeed. You do realise that some females continue to have periods throughout their pregnancy right?
    Nope, not at all. I know you could get spotting maybe a couple of times, but not full on continuous periods.

Well you learn something new everyday (god and im 18, thats worrying on some level)

I think this re-enforces my whole sex ed thing xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woejane)
    Nope, not at all. I know you could get spotting maybe a couple of times, but not full on continuous periods.

Well you learn something new everyday (god and im 18, thats worrying on some level)

I think this re-enforces my whole sex ed thing xD
    No, thats what I mean spotting ......but the women who don't know their pregnant obviously think its their period.

ReputationRep:
    Some people on here need to stop making nasty comments.

I think she may have been abused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    I think she may have been abused.
    Lets blame things the might not even be related to this in anyway.

And let's ignore sex education forced down 5 year olds because they need to have sexual awareness of what orgasm, prostitution and homosexuality is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    In all seriousness; how on earth could SHE not know she was preggers? I Thought we have sex ed lessons for a reason
    TBH if she was only 12, she may not have even started her periods yet, so she wouldn't recognise that she was pregnant from the fact that they'd stopped, as most older girls would. It's highly unlikely that she would get pregnant before they'd started, but lots of girls have quite irregular periods for a while after they've started, so it's perfectly natural that she wouldn't have thought anything of it if they'd suddenly stopped.

And not everyone looks particularly pregnant when they're pregnant. It could have been a premature baby - or even just a particularly small baby. Or, at the other end of the scale (which is more likely) she could have been quite large to begin with and/or just assumed she was putting on weight. I've seen plenty of people who have just sort of 'filled out' all over rather than getting a noticeable pregnancy bump when pregnant.. so yes, it's perfectly plausible that she wouldn't have realised.

Poor girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    A 12-year-old Dutch schoolgirl who gave birth during a school trip has been placed into foster care.

The unnamed girl from Groningen was out with classmates last Tuesday when she felt violent stomach pains. An alarmed teacher called an ambulance and when emergency services arrived they realised she was about to give birth.

Neither the girl nor her family realised she was pregnant, and she showed no signs of carrying a baby.

She has refused to name the father.

Dutch social services told news agency ANP the girl “may be in an unsafe environment” at home and have asked police to begin a formal investigation.

They said: “It is not clear if the adults in this story have played a role. That is why we have asked the police to look into the adults.”

Dutch paper the Telegraaf reports that the girl's father has a conviction for abusing an older sister.

The schoolgirl, along with her baby, are said to be “doing well” in hospital.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family...ifestyles.html

:eek:
    A girl gave birth on a Leicester city school's playing fields a couple of years back - it was recorded on mobile phones (obviously) and the footage was made into an educational commercial.

It's on YouTube for anyone interested. Search for "Girl Gives Birth On Football Field"

Anyone in Leicester guess what school it is? I know it, but am not saying...

ReputationRep:
    My friend recently found out she is 6 months pregnant, having had no idea until she felt the baby moving. She has a medical condition which means she doesn't have periods, so didn't expect to get pregnant. Its not unbelievable at all.

Sounds like the young girl was sexually abused, so a very sad case =/

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

All the people criticising her are seriously ****ed in the head, she is TWELVE. She clearly is not to blame for whatever happened here. And it is perfectly possible for people to not know they are pregnant. She's expecting to be going through puberty so how is she supposed to know that things such as irregular periods were due to pregnancy and not just normal development? FFS leave her alone, she is just a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    :lolwut:

All the people criticising her are seriously ****ed in the head, she is TWELVE. She clearly is not to blame for whatever happened here. And it is perfectly possible for people to not know they are pregnant. She's expecting to be going through puberty so how is she supposed to know that things such as irregular periods were due to pregnancy and not just normal development? FFS leave her alone, she is just a child.
    Exactly she isn't even a teenager yet. I was clueless about the practicalities of sex at that age though I knew it all theoretically. Poor girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    A girl gave birth on a Leicester city school's playing fields a couple of years back - it was recorded on mobile phones (obviously) and the footage was made into an educational commercial.

It's on YouTube for anyone interested. Search for "Girl Gives Birth On Football Field"

Anyone in Leicester guess what school it is? I know it, but am not saying...
    That turned out to just be actors though, if I remember rightly?
    Even then, its saying something that it wasn't even at the worst school in Leicester...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    I dunno why someone negged this. This was my first thought. She's only a child, so the baby would have to show a bit - unless she was fat. This teacher at my school went on maternity leave, and none of us believed she was pregnant, cause she was too fat to see.
    Reminds me of an awkward moment when my friend asked the teacher when the baby was due.. turns out she was fat

Someone got a bad end of year report from her!

If the 25 year old is under a position of trust it is illegal, e.g. a teacher or doctor.

16 year olds can legally have sex with people over 18 if they want to though as long as they are not in a position of trust.
    So when can I bone the teacher?

ReputationRep:
    immaculate conception or has that one been used already?

you got to love sluts, not are they just horny but creative too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    When you leave school/college/uni (whichever is applicable).

ReputationRep:
    Even if she did realise she was pregnant, she might have been too scared to tell anyone especially if it was a result of abuse, and I don't think anyone could blame a 12 year old for that.

Abuse or not, this is really sad.

ReputationRep:
    how could she not realise she was pregnant, i mean come on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    how could she not realise she was pregnant, i mean come on!
    :facepalm:

Read my post on the first page of this thread.

To all the people calling her a slut etc. she is TWELVE years old - this is rape even if she did think she wanted to have sex because she is too young to give informed consent.

ReputationRep:
    The pregnancy may not have been apparent because she was so young and the baby would have been very small and under developed. The girl may have also not have realised she was pregnant as unluckily for her, she may have become pregnant during her first ever ovulation and thus never experienced her first period. Even if she had had periods before becoming pregnant, the first few periods at ages 10-13 are very irregular and brown, so the girl may not have even noticed her missed periods.

I really do hope she wasn't abused, the poor girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    When you leave school/college/uni (whichever is applicable).
    Not so.

When you reach the age of 18, it is sufficient. So if you are in sixth form or college, and 18 it would be legal, although the school would view it as unprofessional by the teacher and they would probably be dismissed.

Uni is going to be OK though.

Citation here - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/21

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.