Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, there's this girl on my uni course. In the first year I had a crush on her. Then I got over it towards the end of that year. Not really been interested in that way since. We've never really talked during the three years, in fact any situations where I've been around her it seems really awkward. Almost like she knew, and found me creepy.

Anyway, now in the final year, and I get this impression that she seems to think I'm still mad about her or something. She gives me these looks and generally acts like I'm some kind of stalker, just because I might walk past her in the corridor . Also seems to play up to her boyfriend in front of me.

I think her boyfriend and a few people on the course think the same. They seem to mention her a lot whenever I'm around as if to provoke a reaction.

I'm totally not interested, and if it was just her and her boyfriend it wouldn't bother me. But if a lot of the class think it, then it becomes a concern.

How do you make it clear you're not interested, without actually saying it, and thus avoiding any awkward situations?

ReputationRep:
    Start banging someone else?

ReputationRep:
    Get with another girl on your uni course. Oh and don't make eye contact with her.

I think you're just being a tad paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    I would actually say it to her infront of a small group of people, not in an aggressive way just 'is there a problem?' kind of way. The news will soon travel through the class.

ReputationRep:
    I think she fancies you. If it's true that she's trying to make you out to be a stalker, then it's probably because she's scared of coming across as a stalker herself. Her being all over her boyfriend in front of you is another way of proving to you that she 'isn't into you'.
    OR
    She genuinely does think you're a stalker and in love with her and is trying to get it through to you that she's got a boyfriend. If she thinks this, more fool her.
    OR
    It's all in your head.

I'd go with the first or third option. Number two doesn't seem likely if you are genuinely over her and not making a crack at her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.