Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by december2)
    Yah, it might compensate massively, but what are you doing to do with all the money?

You're working 80 hours a week, what do you do, decide to go buy a big, expensive plasma TV (or insert other expensive things here) during your half-hour break (if you even get one) and pay to have it delivered to your house? Then you either have no time during the week to even enjoy it, or you're just too exhausted from overwork and have to spend every minute of your time-off catching up on sleep?
    True, but one should know what he/she is getting into before becoming an Investement banker. It is no biggie if you enjoy the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Finally, I cornered a nice girl. "Hi, My name's Rohan. I'm an investment banker."

"How nice," was her retort)

Dweeb

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.

:/ Guess it all depends on how much you want the money..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    The rewards for this kind of career is amazing. But you will lose your soul in the process. There was a asian guy on TSR who was an IBer, he was loaded and had it all. Apparently he jumped off the roof of his own party and commited suicide. I heard it was something to do with the stress that came with his job. This kind of career will drive people mad, but if you can maintain balance between your career and personal life, than kudos to you holmes.

PS. Gold diggers generally come attached with this kind of career.
    its because he was suspended from his bank.

ReputationRep:
    Newbie question:
    I know IB is extremely competitive- but what are the real requirements? Let's say you have a guy who is tired and sick of science. This guy now wants to do a MBA. He succeeeded: he achieved good grades at a good university. Could he enter the business? Is the money really that good?

I am considering doing IB, though only for 4 years or so to get new impressions. I wanted to do the MBA anyways.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid your question hasn't that much to do with the original topic..

ReputationRep:
    You could do a lot worse than IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluesky42)
    I clicked on this thinking you were talking about the International Baccalaureate...
    This! Why can't investment bankers just use their own name instead of stealing our initials and confusing us all >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Same!
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    The rewards for this kind of career is amazing. But you will lose your soul in the process. There was a asian guy on TSR who was an IBer, he was loaded and had it all. Apparently he jumped off the roof of his own party and commited suicide. I heard it was something to do with the stress that came with his job. This kind of career will drive people mad, but if you can maintain balance between your career and personal life, than kudos to you holmes.

PS. Gold diggers generally come attached with this kind of career.
    I read about that guy didn't know that he posted on tsr though. Do you know what his username was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    I read about that guy didn't know that he posted on tsr though. Do you know what his username was?
    Brown Patrick Bateman - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=670

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    Newbie question:
    I know IB is extremely competitive- but what are the real requirements? Let's say you have a guy who is tired and sick of science. This guy now wants to do a MBA. He succeeeded: he achieved good grades at a good university. Could he enter the business? Is the money really that good?

I am considering doing IB, though only for 4 years or so to get new impressions. I wanted to do the MBA anyways.

Thoughts?
    1)Ask question
    2)???
    3) NEG-Rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    its because he was suspended from his bank.

president ben?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    This! Why can't investment bankers just use their own name instead of stealing our initials and confusing us all >_<
    Please get out already. No plebs allowed here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Please get out already. No plebs allowed here.
    omgzz dnt b so mean! im not a pleb lmao

Anyway it's perfectly logical that we should have the rights to use the initials, since International Baccalaureate is longer and more difficult to type than investment banking. It's just you lot being lazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisstassen)
    president ben?
    What?

ReputationRep:
    TSR's IB wannabes around the country will be exploding with rage right now.

It isn't all easy peasy, fast cars and loose women?! :eek:

I'm shocked.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit simplistic to assume that he offed himself because he couldnt handle the presures of IB or because he was let go/suspended...did he leave a suicide note?

People from all walks of life kill themselves, besides jumping out of a window at your own party? It sounds like he may have been dealing with other issues..maybe drugs or psychiatric problems or something else that he may have been able to manage if he wasn't in such a high pressure situation.

In any event. RIP BPB this ones for you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg

(Original post by krisstassen)
    president ben?
    What? I'm dead? Really?

ReputationRep:
    I think we are going a bit off track and speculating about rubbish - I think the matter we're all referring to is the Anjool Malade suicide, he did small/mid cap equities sales at DB, *(rem DB's global markets grad scheme is rotational).

He was suspended on the friday pending an investigation regarding some comments he made on a ''financial website'' - which allegedly referred to a client.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-1901268.html

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.