Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about Conditional offer at University Of Chester...advice needed! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am a prospective university student, applying for 2011 entry. I am going to be studying Graphic Design (BA Single Hons) at the University Of Chester, I recently received a Conditional offer from them. But there is one problematic curiosity I have with regards to my offer. Which may or may not be an issue it might just be me worrying for the sake of it.

Basically I attended the interview, got the conditional and I need to attain "Distinction, Merit, Merit", (DMM) in my BTEC National Diploma. However, I was curious as to whether or not I needed any additional grades such as GCSE's Math's or English (because I am not sure if it is the university's policy to include other prior grades alongside the BTEC).
    I did check the offer in more detail on UCAS track and it just states that I need the required grades in my BTEC Diploma. However it does not list any other qualifications that might be needed. I did check the prospectus, and it says that I would need a grade C in a subject recommended by the department. But during interview (and the entire process) no other academic entry requirements were mentioned.
    The reason I am worrying is because I only have a grade C in my English (GCSE) but no C in Mathematics. But nothing has been mentioned of this, and so I take this as a sign that they have already seen my grades and have no qualms about them.
    My question is would it matter if I only have one C in English GCSE??

I did email the head lecturer and she has not replied yet. Any advice or responses are welcomed.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't worry. I don't think they are bothered by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by royal1990)
    Hello,

I am a prospective university student, applying for 2011 entry. I am going to be studying Graphic Design (BA Single Hons) at the University Of Chester, I recently received a Conditional offer from them. But there is one problematic curiosity I have with regards to my offer. Which may or may not be an issue it might just be me worrying for the sake of it.

Basically I attended the interview, got the conditional and I need to attain "Distinction, Merit, Merit", (DMM) in my BTEC National Diploma. However, I was curious as to whether or not I needed any additional grades such as GCSE's Math's or English (because I am not sure if it is the university's policy to include other prior grades alongside the BTEC).
    I did check the offer in more detail on UCAS track and it just states that I need the required grades in my BTEC Diploma. However it does not list any other qualifications that might be needed. I did check the prospectus, and it says that I would need a grade C in a subject recommended by the department. But during interview (and the entire process) no other academic entry requirements were mentioned.
    The reason I am worrying is because I only have a grade C in my English (GCSE) but no C in Mathematics. But nothing has been mentioned of this, and so I take this as a sign that they have already seen my grades and have no qualms about them.
    My question is would it matter if I only have one C in English GCSE??

I did email the head lecturer and she has not replied yet. Any advice or responses are welcomed.
    It really does depend however if you want a straight answer i belive you should ring up the uni in question and ask them, this way you will get straight answer

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.