18.75%
    I only pop online sometimes, usually lurking offline doing other stuff
    31.25%
    I appear offline all the time because I find it annoying
    31.25%
    I don't have a Facebook
    18.75%

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing practically everyone on here uses Facebook, but what about Facebook Chat? Does anyone use it much?

EDIT: Post your reasons too

ReputationRep:
    Nay... It never f***ing works

ReputationRep:
    If by use it, you mean post a message to a friend, the friend goes offline, replies then my chat ****s up and then the cycle repeats, then yes I use it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it occasionally to talk to a few people but now it just irritates me because people would always end up talking just as I was about to get back on with uni work. I had a guy who wouldn't stop bugging me on there as well. Now I appear offline all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I use it quite a lot to talk to my flatmate who's in Germany, and also maybe 7 or 8 people from London and home, and then the odd people pop up every now and again just to say something specific. I'm not a fan of it though, mainly because half the keys on this keyboard are ****ed so I have to sit stabbing away at vitals like 'a' and 'n' for ages and it looks like I'm writing a fecking essay, and then quite often the enter key breaks down as well, and there's there's nothing that can be done because fb doesn't have a simple enter button :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I don't use the chat function. didn't know you could show yourself offline thats good to know

(Original post by J)
    I don't use the chat function. didn't know you could show yourself offline thats good to know
    You can even sort your friends list into groups so you can choose to appear visible only to certain groups of people

ReputationRep:
    Almost everyone that matters is on MSN, so I just appear offline when I'm on Facebook. There are occasions where I go online, usually due to a combination of boredom and curiosity. I do have a few friends worth talking to who don't have MSN so I sometimes talk to them on FB Chat, but it's rare.

ReputationRep:
    Till now do i now there is a website called facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go on Facebook for very long so I don't use Facebook Chat.

ReputationRep:
    It's buggy as ****e, so don't really like using it that much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.