This discussion is closed.
Fira
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is there anyone doing history AEA. Hows it going and do u think its worth doing it now that we've got our uni accpetnaces.
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is an AEA? I applied to study History, but I have no idea what that is.
Fira
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
What is an AEA? I applied to study History, but I have no idea what that is.

The history extension paper
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fira)
The history extension paper
I am doing it, it is going to be one hell of a hard exam-3hrs of sourcework and philosophy, ahh! I actually find it really enjoyable though, things like "History is the propaganda of the victors"-discuss really interest me... Is that sad? Yes, i know it is... However, if Durham don't offer me a place with AEA included (hopefully they won't), if the exam interferes with my hol plans, they can forget it :-)
xxx
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am doing AEA in MAthematics and Economics but i don't know how to prepare for it....i know u gotto do past papers but where r u suppose to get it from? Is there a book u can buy or something?????
Fira
Rep:
?
(Original post by claire1985)
I am doing it, it is going to be one hell of a hard exam-3hrs of sourcework and philosophy, ahh! I actually find it really enjoyable though, things like "History is the propaganda of the victors"-discuss really interest me... Is that sad? Yes, i know it is... However, if Durham don't offer me a place with AEA included (hopefully they won't), if the exam interferes with my hol plans, they can forget it :-)
xxx

Yeah it has been really interesting so far and its quite good, even though when i leave every lesson i feel like my heads gonna expldoe (too much thinking :rolleyes: .) None of my offers include anything to do with AEA and the paper we were shown was really difficult. So i dunno if i can be bothered to do it.
charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fira)
Yeah it has been really interesting so far and its quite good, even though when i leave every lesson i feel like my heads gonna expldoe (too much thinking :rolleyes: .) None of my offers include anything to do with AEA and the paper we were shown was really difficult. So i dunno if i can be bothered to do it.
im meant to be doing the AEA but havent had any lessons yet on it all and have pretty much decided not to bother seeing as i dont think my offers are going to require it..(even tho its on my ucas ). if u find it interesting then it cant harm to do it !!!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did the history AEA last year and seriously there is no need to panic. It doesn't really mean aything, and although this might sound weird, the three hour exam is actually quite enjoyable! I did virtually no preparation for it at all outside of my own wide reading and still got a merit. Just don't spend ages fretting about it.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads