Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just though i would share this site with everyone as i have just signed up and been on it for a few hours learning spanish

it seems very good as is completely free unless you chose a premium account
    you currently have the choice of learning
    • English
    • Spanish
    • German
    • French
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Russian

i cant comment on any language other that Spanish but if they are all set out in the same way it is a great way to learn

there are 4 levels beginner A1,beginner A2, Intermediate B1 and Intermediate B2
    each lever has 35 lessons teaching you a number of sentences and words with a review and mini test at the end of each lesson. Every 3-4 lessons you are given a actual test but you must of completed all modules of the previous lessons first.

The sight is also a social network and within each lesson you are made to write a piece of text for other to comment and correct you, you are also required to have a chat with someone that is a native speaker of that language using the sights own instant messenger.

You use words picture and audio clips to learn the language

You can also set how many hours per week you plan to spend learning the language and it will give you a target date to try and get to the end by. you have this for each level
    e.g.
    beginner A1
    7-10 hours a week
    target date = 11.04.2011

if you want to learn a language give it a try seems really good

and oh yeah before certain people start no i do not work for them just trying to help

ReputationRep:
    You aren't exactly inspiring confidence in the quality and rigour of their English programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You aren't exactly inspiring confidence in the quality and rigour of their English programme.
    so so helpful :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekay1)
    just though i would share this site with everyone as i have just signed up and been on it for a few hours learning spanish

it seems very good as is completely free unless you chose a premium account
    you currently have the choice of learning
    • English
    • Spanish
    • German
    • French
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Russian

i cant comment on any language other that Spanish but if they are all set out in the same way it is a great way to learn

there are 4 levels beginner A1,beginner A2, Intermediate B1 and Intermediate B2
    each lever has 35 lessons teaching you a number of sentences and words with a review and mini test at the end of each lesson. Every 3-4 lessons you are given a actual test but you must of completed all modules of the previous lessons first.

The sight is also a social network and within each lesson you are made to write a piece of text for other to comment and correct you, you are also required to have a chat with someone that is a native speaker of that language using the sights own instant messenger.

You use words picture and audio clips to learn the language

You can also set how many hours per week you plan to spend learning the language and it will give you a target date to try and get to the end by. you have this for each level
    e.g.
    beginner A1
    7-10 hours a week
    target date = 11.04.2011

if you want to learn a language give it a try seems really good

and oh yeah before certain people start no i do not work for them just trying to help

I found this a few days ago and have been using it a lot already. It seems really good, my German vocabulary has expanded significantly already. I'd recommend it to anyone trying to learn a language.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely recommend this site too I've been learning Spanish for around 7-8 years and signed up to busuu recently. I find that it's really helped me brush up on the little things you forget over time. Plus every time you learn a new word or grammatical phrase it gives you an example phrase or audio clip so you have something to associate it with and help you to remember.

I really wish I'd had something like this when I started learning the language!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.