Turn on thread page Beta

Best foundation... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've tried a few and can't seem to get one that is right..!

Basically, I have combination skin and I'm quite pale, and I want a foundation that provides good coverage and that is long lasting.. can you reccomend any?

I've tried Clinique and it went orangey, my YSL one, although providing good colour and coverage goes shiny after a while (so isnt worth the money)

So if you have any recommendations that'd be great

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Heya!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (£33 approx.)

Pros:

*High Coverage
    *Long Lasting
    *Perfect for both dry and oily skin types

Cons:

*Highly Expensive

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation (£15-20 approx)

Pros:

*Literally will last forever and ever and ever
    *It's a foundation with 25% extra pigmentation so has a very high coverage

Cons:

*Colour selection is not great to be honest, hard to find one to match perfectly.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid (£19.50)

Pros:

*Incredible coverage
    *Long lasting
    *Loads of shades to choose from

Cons:

*If you have sensitive skin this could break you out...personally I can't use Mac foundations because of this, but I SO wish I could haha!

Just a few suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    I have combination skin too, I've found the best foundation for me has been Max Factor Colour Adapt foundation, it's about a tenner but actually lasts for aaages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondemacaddict)
    Heya!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (£33 approx.)

Pros:

*High Coverage
    *Long Lasting
    *Perfect for both dry and oily skin types

Cons:

*Highly Expensive

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation (£15-20 approx)

Pros:

*Literally will last forever and ever and ever
    *It's a foundation with 25% extra pigmentation so has a very high coverage

Cons:

*Colour selection is not great to be honest, hard to find one to match perfectly.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid (£19.50)

Pros:

*Incredible coverage
    *Long lasting
    *Loads of shades to choose from

Cons:

*If you have sensitive skin this could break you out...personally I can't use Mac foundations because of this, but I SO wish I could haha!

Just a few suggestions!
    Very nice infor,thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just the same!when I first apply my clinique foundation it's the perfect match but it oxidises really badly and turns bright orange
    currently using bobbi brown natural finish and it's terrible so don't buy that!!it's supposedly long lasting but it's not at all
    soo difficult to find a good one isn't it ha

ReputationRep:
    I've used pretty much every foundation on the market (I have VERY awkward skin; the colour is extremely pale) and the only one I can use that doesn't go orange is Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain. Believe me, I've tried MAC, Chanel and pretty much every over priced foundation there is and it came down to the cheaper one.

ReputationRep:
    ... is no foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    I've used pretty much every foundation on the market (I have VERY awkward skin; the colour is extremely pale) and the only one I can use that doesn't go orange is Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain. Believe me, I've tried MAC, Chanel and pretty much every over priced foundation there is and it came down to the cheaper one.
    I used that foundation for ages. found it okay but it didn't amaze me so I'm still searching for my perfect one!
    what didn't you like about mac and Chanel?

ReputationRep:
    I live by No7 Protect and Perfect in Beige.

It gives amazing coverage and is great for my skin as it looks after it and prevents spots and blemishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    I used that foundation for ages. found it okay but it didn't amaze me so I'm still searching for my perfect one!
    what didn't you like about mac and Chanel?
    They were just way too heavy and the lightest colours they had went orange on me haha! The counter assistant basically gave up on my skin in the store. XD
    Chanel is so over priced for what you get. Good for nights out but way too heavy in the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    They were just way too heavy and the lightest colours they had went orange on me haha! The counter assistant basically gave up on my skin in the store. XD
    Chanel is so over priced for what you get. Good for nights out but way too heavy in the day.
    that's a shame,usually I love chanels other cosmetics but I'll take your advice hate heavy looking foundations erghhh

ReputationRep:
    Illamasqua rich liquid foundation with a transparent setting powder. Mine has been known to last 24 hours without so much as a need to re-powder.

ReputationRep:
    I use a Ruby and Millie one. Good coverage and nice and light too =)

ReputationRep:
    Dior Forever is my absolute fave!! I've tried so many, cheap and expensive, but this one is so perfect. Amazing coverage and comes in exactly the right shade for me....the best foundation I've ever used!

ReputationRep:
    You should try Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau. All i can say is it is SEXUAL.

ReputationRep:
    I use Mac Satinfinish, I don't think it's my dream foundation but it's a good colour match and it gives a nice light coverage which is all I need really.
    I have ordered Nars Sheer Glow from ASOS though which I have read rave reviews about so we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I use clinique and i think its good dior is good too stop away from cheap brands like maybeline.

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem when I was using LOreal Paris primer and foundation mainly cos I got the wrong shade but at the moment I'm using E.L.F which is great. It suits my skin and on top to finish off I use MAC's Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in medium. You just have to keep trying different company's and different foundations such as liquid or mineral.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I have a similar problem. I'm currently using MaxFactor Liquid Illusion foundation, and I think it's pretty good. It's not that cheap, but it's not too expensive either. It's not very thick - which I suppose could be a good thing if you want something that's not too cakey.

Otherwise, I suggest MAC. I got a few free sample pots from Selfridges and they were very good! Even coverage, nice colour/tone - the only problem is the price. So if you can get free samples, then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Mac studio fix or bare minerals

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.