Turn on thread page Beta

Weight gain at uni watch

• View Poll Results: How much weight have people gained/lost ever since going uni?
    41+ kg gained
    5.04%
    31-40 kg gained
    0.84%
    21-30 kg gained
    3.36%
    11-20 kg gained
    10.92%
    0-10 kg gained
    40.34%
    0-10 kg lost
    26.89%
    11-20 kg lost
    7.56%
    21-30 kg lost
    2.52%
    31-40 kg lost
    0%
    41+ kg lost
    2.52%

ReputationRep:
    I would have though losing weight was an issue for some, coming from their mum making them food everyday and then just being lazy and not eating well as well as budgeting.

High metabolism for me, so I can really only lose weight, anything I do put on disappears into an alternate universe somehow.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone here like putting on weight, and im not talking about muscle lol...

ReputationRep:
    Lost a stone in first year because of glandular fever, then gained it again over summer and year 2 (in muscle mainly thankfully). Then I had an absolutely awful summer, was pretty much doing a lot less exercise, eating a lot worse and being lazy so I gained another stone. Back to the weights now...

ReputationRep:
    I've put on two pounds since October, so it obviously doesn't happen to everyone...my mum still moans about how thin I am XD

ReputationRep:
    I gained a little my tummy ain't as flat as it was. Gotta go to the gym..great or ZUMBA that looks fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Singam)
    does anyone here like putting on weight, and im not talking about muscle lol...
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    nope
    thanks for your personal opinion...

ReputationRep:
    ive lost 2 stone since being at uni.

ReputationRep:
    but thats probably because i dont drink.

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily, i know a couple of people who may have put on a couple of pounds, but in general everyone i know has stayed pretty much the same. you do drink more alcohol i suppose and order more take-aways, just student life haha, but if you want to watch your weight it's not difficult, especially if you're self-catered!

I'm self-catered and i've actually lost 2-3 dress sizes since i went to uni haha. in the first year i was just cooking for myself and experimenting with cooking since i quite enjoy it, and managed to lose it by not even trying! also was doing a lot more walking as our campus is 320 acres haha. this year i made an extra effort in the new year to lose weight, and lost another stone.

so it's not a myth if you order take-aways all the time, and sometimes in catered halls if the food isnt great people sometimes put on a bit, but you're not going to put on weight haha, it's easy enough a situation to avoid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Singam)
    thanks for your personal opinion...
    your welcome.

ReputationRep:
    aren't there people who actually like being fat? i've heard of FAs n stuff before....

ReputationRep:
    here's some food for thought... http://askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/index.html Check it out and lemme know what you guys think!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.