The Student Room Group

Weight gain at uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I would have though losing weight was an issue for some, coming from their mum making them food everyday and then just being lazy and not eating well as well as budgeting.

High metabolism for me, so I can really only lose weight, anything I do put on disappears into an alternate universe somehow.
Reply 61
does anyone here like putting on weight, and im not talking about muscle lol...
Reply 62
Lost a stone in first year because of glandular fever, then gained it again over summer and year 2 (in muscle mainly thankfully). Then I had an absolutely awful summer, was pretty much doing a lot less exercise, eating a lot worse and being lazy so I gained another stone. Back to the weights now...
Reply 63
I've put on two pounds since October, so it obviously doesn't happen to everyone...my mum still moans about how thin I am XD
I gained a little my tummy ain't as flat as it was. Gotta go to the gym..great or ZUMBA that looks fun!
Original post by Mr. Singam
does anyone here like putting on weight, and im not talking about muscle lol...

nope
Reply 66
Original post by jessyfantastic90
nope

thanks for your personal opinion...
ive lost 2 stone since being at uni.
but thats probably because i dont drink.
not necessarily, i know a couple of people who may have put on a couple of pounds, but in general everyone i know has stayed pretty much the same. you do drink more alcohol i suppose and order more take-aways, just student life haha, but if you want to watch your weight it's not difficult, especially if you're self-catered!

I'm self-catered and i've actually lost 2-3 dress sizes since i went to uni haha. in the first year i was just cooking for myself and experimenting with cooking since i quite enjoy it, and managed to lose it by not even trying! also was doing a lot more walking as our campus is 320 acres haha. this year i made an extra effort in the new year to lose weight, and lost another stone.

so it's not a myth if you order take-aways all the time, and sometimes in catered halls if the food isnt great people sometimes put on a bit, but you're not going to put on weight haha, it's easy enough a situation to avoid :biggrin:
Original post by Mr. Singam
thanks for your personal opinion...

your welcome.
Reply 71
aren't there people who actually like being fat? i've heard of FAs n stuff before....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
here's some food for thought... http://askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/index.html Check it out and lemme know what you guys think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending