Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I'm a first year undergrad. I was just wondering, how hard it actually is to get a first in a plain 3 year degree? I know its one of the tougher a levels and so far its been pretty hard as well. I put a lot of time and thought into studying and I'm pretty organised too. I got a first in the Jan exams but I don't feel like that accurately reflects the difficulty of the course or the exams since it was mostly foundations and introductory stuff. The content has got a lot harder since then but I've kept on top of it. Even though I'm doing well I feel like there's this mystical aura around it making it seem ridiculously hard and I'm still just going to get baffled by the exams.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It can be hard getting a first just as in other subjects. My advice is try and do well in the first 2 years on the exams. The third year consists a significant amount of practical work which should give you 2:1-1st if your any good at the practical side.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.