The Student Room Group

Who will you be voting next general election?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
not the response i thought, i thought everyone would be really anti-conservative
Reply 21
Original post by Ulo
Are you real? You must be a troll. Your sig is semi-intelligent, semi-paranoid bull and I'm confused...
My home MP (Labour) has a 10,000 majority....sigh. I voted in my school constituency last year it's been Tory since the dawn of time but we did manage a 0.6% swing to the Libs....again, sigh.

Yeah, I'm a troll that's been on this forum for over 6 years longer than you :tongue:
Reply 22
Assuming the parties in Norwich South are the same as last time:

AV: Green > Labour > Lib Dem > Worker's Revolutionary > Tories > UKIP > BNP (Lib Dem above Labour if they sort their **** out and expel the Tory apologist half of the party).

FPTP: Green (or Labour, in the unlikely event of Green support collapsing and Tory support increasing substantially).
Someone that won't roll a dice to choose which middle eastern country their going to invade a few months after getting in.
Original post by majikthise

AV: Green > Labour > Lib Dem > Worker's Revolutionary > Tories > UKIP > BNP (Lib Dem above Labour if they sort their **** out and expel the Tory apologist half of the party).

FPTP: Green (or Labour, in the unlikely event of Green support collapsing and Tory support increasing substantially).

Lib dems will never get anywhere again.
Well, the way things have been going recently, I'm tempted to vote Fancy Dress Party (yes, it does exist).
Reply 26
Original post by Ventura7
not the response i thought, i thought everyone would be really anti-conservative

TSR has a significant amount of elitist rich kids, so that may explain it.

Will definitely be Labour for me (unless Ed caves into right-wing pressure...).
Original post by Selkarn
Yeah, I'm a troll that's been on this forum for over 6 years longer than you :tongue:

That doesn't mean you can't be a troll though, does it?
Reply 28
Original post by majikthise

You do know you don't have to vote for every candidate? You can leave scum like the BNP blank.
Reply 29
I'll be voting. If it's still FPTP, Labour. If AV, then 1. Labour 2. Green, and I'm unlikely to use any of the other votes unless there's a particularly good independent candidate, or the Lib Dems throw Clegg out and leave the coalition, and I can't see that happening.
Reply 30
I'll probably vote Labour or Green depending on the strength of Labour's policies before the next election. So gutted I wasted my vote on the lib dems last time :/
Reply 31
Original post by LornaSandison1
That doesn't mean you can't be a troll though, does it?

Well, as trolls tend to get banned pretty quickly, nearing 7 years on a forum gives a pretty strong indicator that they aren't.
Original post by Selkarn
Well, as trolls tend to get banned pretty quickly, nearing 7 years on a forum gives a pretty strong indicator that they aren't.

Hmm...that doesn't prevent one from trolling from time to time though. Also, you're assuming that all trolls get caught!
Reply 33
Original post by AndyD66
I'll probably vote Labour or Green depending on the strength of Labour's policies before the next election. So gutted I wasted my vote on the lib dems last time :/

Green really only have one policy that everyone knows about, make britain gree, just like the BNP with immigrants, they need to start preaching their other policies people might actually care about.
Original post by Norfolkadam
My vote at the next election won't be determined by who I support but by a lack of decent alternatives.

(and it won't be for Labour).
Is that W.H. Auden as your avatar? It looks quite like him, but I'm not sure.

In answer to the OP, I'll probably vote Labour, but it makes no difference, as my constituency is always going to go Labour anyway.
Original post by jismith1989
Is that W.H. Auden as your avatar? It looks quite like him, but I'm not sure.

It is. :heart:
Conservative, only party capable of dealing with the economic condition. Labour need 5 years out to regenerate, potentially more.
I don't feel any party represent my views well, so I'm quite confused.

I'll just wait and decide near the time but I'm definitely voting. It'll be my first time :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by imperial maniac
Lib dems will never get anywhere again.

Probably not, no.
There's a small chance that the left wing of the party gets pissed off enough to split. If that happens they might be worth voting for, if not I'd still rather be represented by a bunch of spineless-scapegoats-who-possibly-might-have-had-their-hearts-in-nearly-the-right-place-once than the party that encouraged them to sell out in the first place.

Original post by placebo24
You do know you don't have to vote for every candidate? You can leave scum like the BNP blank.

Yeah, I'd leave the BNP off. A preference for Tory/UKIP over BNP would only probably only make a difference one time if the election was repeated from now until the heat death of the universe, but as it doesn't hurt you may as well put them down!
Reply 39
I'll vote labour, though that's if the labour candidate in my constituency doesn't get fired a week before the election again :hmpf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending