Turn on thread page Beta

Don't want sex - just love watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I meet guys, I yearn for the love part of the relationship - cuddling together on the sofa, kissing, holding hands, just generally being in love and having romance.

However, I dread the sex part. I just don't enjoy it that much and think I would much rather be cuddling.

Am I a freak lol?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same, but I'm male.

ReputationRep:
    seems fairly understandable, some people just want somebody to love and to be with. However sex is usually part of a healthy relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not, I am like that too, well I guess it could be because I'm a virgin but I definitely don't want to have sex yet. I'm happy with kissing and still get a bit nervous about that!

ReputationRep:
    If you're 18+, I'd say it's very weird.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there must be a dating site for eunuchs somewhere on teh internetz. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarmanFan)
    Whenever I meet guys, I yearn for the love part of the relationship - cuddling together on the sofa, kissing, holding hands, just generally being in love and having romance.

However, I dread the sex part. I just don't enjoy it that much and think I would much rather be cuddling.

Am I a freak lol?
    No, not at all.

You may want all the cuddly bit first and when you feel like you trust the guy enough then you may feel much more interested in sex. You may find that when you are in a truely loving and comfortable relationship that that is when you start liking sex more.

ReputationRep:
    No your not a freak everyone has they're own preferences in a relationship your just don't involve sex, which is fine

ReputationRep:
    it depends on your age a lot in my opinion, I was ~18 before the idea of sex seemed remotely like anything I'd want to do, then something clicked and it's great. Also, some people are genuinely asexual, defined as "lack of sexual attraction and/or the lack of interest in and desire for sex" give it time, whatever you want to do, enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially if you're still young.
    What is it about sex that you don't like? Is it insecurities, awkwardness, a feeling of "disgust"? Or just indifference?
    It could be worth endeavoring to make in more enjoyable, especially if you are with someone you love. Good sex with someone you love is considered to be an important part of romantic relationships by most adults.
    On the other hand you could be asexual I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah32)
    Definitely not, I am like that too, well I guess it could be because I'm a virgin but I definitely don't want to have sex yet. I'm happy with kissing and still get a bit nervous about that!
    im the same as you and im a guy btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarjit18)
    im the same as you and im a guy btw
    Aww that's nice, I think I do want to one day but I don't feel ready yet. I'm sort of seeing someone at the minute and I'm happy just kissing and that's it so far. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    It doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially if you're still young.
    What is it about sex that you don't like? Is it insecurities, awkwardness, a feeling of "disgust"? Or just indifference?
    It could be worth endeavoring to make in more enjoyable, especially if you are with someone you love. Good sex with someone you love is considered to be an important part of romantic relationships by most adults.
    On the other hand you could be asexual I guess.
    I guess when I am on the like second or third date with a guy - I am at his, we're cuddling and watching a movie together, and the odd kiss here and there. I then realise that sex is on the way, and the cuddling and whatnot is the build up to it. I just think 'why can't we continue doing this or just fall asleep cuddling'.

I guess sex seems like a chore and I look forward to the end when you fall asleep together cuddling.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way.

you should check out asexuality.org btw

ReputationRep:
    youre probably asexual

ReputationRep:

Am I a freak lol?
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellymichelle)
    youre probably asexual
    Doubt it,

ReputationRep:
    It's not wrong to want love more than sex, but it is strange to "dread" sex entirely.

Sex is brilliant if you have the right chemistry with someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    Doubt it,
    if someone doesnt want sex, ever, that makes them asexual.

ReputationRep:
    I guess when I am on the like second or third date with a guy - I am at his, we're cuddling and watching a movie together, and the odd kiss here and there. I then realise that sex is on the way, and the cuddling and whatnot is the build up to it. I just think 'why can't we continue doing this or just fall asleep cuddling'.

I guess sex seems like a chore and I look forward to the end when you fall asleep together cuddling.
    I'm totally the same. My boyfriend is my first and we waited until we'd been together for 2 months (that's officially, we'd been on dates for about a month before that) when we had sex. I imagine that if we broke up and I started seeing new guys I'd definitely want to wait longer than the 3rd date unless I knew them well beforehand.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.