Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a few of you excited to start uni this year, after 2 year out i know i am, so I was just wondering what are your favourite drinking games that you will be playing in SHU freshers week... and the rest of the year.

The main one I usually play is ring of fire... pint glass and pack of cards scattered around, each card different meaning and the glass is usually filled with something horrible that will knock you out.

The coin/ball one... Where one person has the, lets say, ping pong ball and if it gets dropped in your drink you have to down it, you are then in control.

I find drinking games are great ways to get chatting to new people, for example when i go visit my mates at uni and I knew all of their mates in an hour... forgot them by the next day mind you!

ReputationRep:
    RIng of fire. Eugh haha. We played dirty pint on NYE which is pretty much the same but you call heads or tails. Man that stuff knocks you out completely. I was fudged before I even got to the club haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah, not to mention that by the time you've gotten to drink it you've had many waterfalls and stuff! I think the worst dirty pint i had was a mixture of vodka, sambuka, bailys, wine, lager and cider... the bailys floated i think :/

ReputationRep:
    F*ck the dealer. It's class.

ReputationRep:
    whats that?

ReputationRep:
    Where the dealer holds the whole deck you guess the card, if you get it right they drink 6 fingers if not they say higher or lower, if you get it right second time they drink 3 fingers. They hold the deck until 3 people guess the card wrong. Then you just pass the deck around until the cards run out. At the end its easy to guess the cards so who ever has the deck gets wasted... and breathe.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, ring of fire...

I lost that once, had to down a whole pint of strongbow, vodka, wine, wkd, sambuca and cherryade, I can't remeber what else was in there. Took days to return to normal.

ReputationRep:
    I like it!

ReputationRep:
    Ring of Fire is pureeeeee genius.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogant

Sit around a table in a large group. The first person must pour an amount of alcohol into a glass, depending on how arrogant they are feeling. They must then toss a coin and call heads or tails, if they are correct then the glass is passed to the next person. If they call wrong they have to down the contents of the glass.

Amazing game, basically everyone has had a dirty pint by the time you're goin out.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you eat before playing arrogance! I found this out in Sheffield last weekend

ReputationRep:
    arrogance, on the bus, horse racing.. i assume i will have to type the rules out...?

arrogance is as above ^

on the bus: everyone is given 8 cards (depending on how many players) and the player with the least amount of pairs is "on the bus". then cards are layed out in a diamond formation
    1 2 3 2 1 and the player who is on the bus has to get from one side to the other picking on card in each section, if it is a picture card, the cards are replaced, drink 2 fingers and start agaiiiin.

horse racing: 4 rows of cards, 1 for each suit. about 6 or 7 cards long. each player puts a bet on which suit will finish first (in a mounts of fingers, for example i bet hearts will finish first). the remaing pack is turned over one card at a time, each time a card of the suit you bet on is turned over you drink 1 finger. if your suit finishes first, you get to nominate double the amount you bet, (bet four fingers, you can nominate 8 fingers to other players) if you lose, then you have to drink what you had bet (eg. 2 fingers) then whatever you may get nominated....

play these and you shall be feeling as ******** rough as i do now

ReputationRep:
    the matchbox game is the best and simplest game to play. We always play it in the union or at a bar.

The rules are on this site http://theultimatestudentguide.com/#...mes/4556736025

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 30, 2011

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.