Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you define an amazing person? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    Thanks babezzz you're not so bad yourself :sexface:
    Are you a guy or a girl? I thought you were a guy

ReputationRep:
    My mum. She was sexually abused, raped, suffered another attempted rape, spent time on a pysch ward, attempted suicide twice, suffers physical disabilities and mental health problems, domestic abuse from my dad, physical abuse from people (a few of the mums at my playgroup dragged her out of the hall by her ankles - and a GP once threw an ice cold bucket of water over her) and a lack of support from anyone, she left school without any qualifications and yet she managed to train as a chef, and she still manages to smile and be a fantastic mum to me and my severley disabled sister. She even managed to work for a few months when I was fourteen, has always taught me to aspire to work, to ignore put-downs and to believe in myself. She's brought us up well - we live in a council estate, on benefits - and yet I don't smoke, drink, have sex, engage in criminal activity.. Religion plays a big part too - it's allowed my mum to bring us up with good morals. She needs to realise what an amazing person she is.

My GP - she makes me cry, she's so lovely, she empathises with everything and I don't know how but she understands everything about me, she makes me feel like I am a good person and she's helped me more than anyone (except my mum) in the 20 years I've been alive - and yet I've only known her for eighteen months. Yes that's sad, I know.

Those two people to me, are the definition of amazing.

And echoing a couple of others - God/Jesus - most amazing.]

Edit - negged for that?

ReputationRep:
    Dean Winchester. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Somebody who 'brings it'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick Travis)
    Are you a guy or a girl? I thought you were a guy
    good

you're going to have to guess :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Somebody who 'brings it'.
    http://www.wweshop.com/images/products/35320X.jpg
    I want that shirt

ReputationRep:
    Ha me too, especially for Sunday, when Rock opens a can of whoop ass on Cena, gna be epic:cool:

But I genuinely think the words "BRING IT" is very inspirational. The Rock's a G.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    My best friend; she's amazing

ReputationRep:
    good

you're going to have to guess :hubba:
    Well you don't seem to have a photo so that makes it tricky. I'll say girl after what you wrote in your first response to me. No guy would talk that way, even in jest.

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates. Gawd if we were both not straight the things I would do :coma:

edit: Wait, that just sounds weird :s

ReputationRep:
    Amazing

ReputationRep:
    Well you don't seem to have a photo so that makes it tricky. I'll say girl after what you wrote in your first response to me. No guy would talk that way, even in jest.
    you guessed right :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Me mam.

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    you guessed right :nopity:
    Thinking about it, not many guys would call themselves flowermaster.

ReputationRep:
    I go against the grain and I don't think someone who is amazing is someone who helps someone all the time. There has to be an element of being helpful and selfless in certain situations, but I know from experience that this can also cause problems with someone- if you spend too much of your life doing something for others, people will fail to see YOU. However yes, the people I would class as truly amazing are people who have a heart, and will help someone who is in need or just be there for them as a friend but I don't think there's an "unconditional" side that comes into it. These amazing people need some gratitude, and need some time for themselves too, and if people overstep the mark I do think that a truly amazing person will stand up for themselves. I think also, an amazing person needs a backbone and needs to be someone who will be honest, no matter what the circumstance, and if they have been wronged or see something as wrong they will help the person to realise their faults.

The best thing I can use to illustrate this is by using an example of a friend recently. A girl got drunk, horrendously drunk, and needed to be taken home. She was a lot to handle, she was crying and lashing out at everyone and was lashing out at all the people who went to help her. A lot of people gave up, and I didn't lose respect for them because these people are also really good people, it's just they weren't sure how to handle it or had handled it too many times before and didn't want to be walked all over again (this happens a lot with this girl). However one guy said for the first and last time ever, he'd go and take her home in a cab, get her to bed and come back. He did so. She punched him 5 times in the face, but he got her home. She had no recollection of it in the morning, and he came back to the event that he took her home from and spoke to the people who'd seen her and told one of them (this person being me ) in confidence, what she had done. He didn't do it in a malicious way, but wanted to see if she'd tell me (I'm quite close to her) what had happened and also wanted an outlet. She didn't remember,she didn't apologise to him and he got a bit upset with it, but never lost his cool. Eventually, I told her what had happened as the night came up when someone else mentioned it. She was mortified, and went to apologise to him. However he didn't let her off lightly- he gave her advice, said he'd never do the same for her again and told her, whilst he was a bit annoyed at the time, he would forgive her but only as long as she used it as a wake-up call and cut down on the drinking. He told her she was a horrific drunk, and whilst she used some personal excuses to try and justify what happened, he said whilst he understood that and he could see what she meant, he said she still could have avoided the situation entirely and she should try to think about other people before she acts in the way she did, and also think of herself- he told her she hadn't acted with dignity and if it happened much more people would lose respect for her and possibly she would put herself in danger. He handled it with dignity, courage and was level-headed and mature about it all and I think the element of not letting her walk all over him he put into his actions made him more helpful to her in the long term. She did take it as a blow and I don't think she'll ever act quite as badly again, or at least not as frequently. I think the amount of confidence and sincerity it took for him to do that makes him an amazing person and whilst he's a friend, I'd definitely like to become better friends with him because that's someone who I truly respect.

I can also illustrate this with a time when people helped her in a selfless way, but were too forgiving and nice. Apparently once she got so drunk she met a guy in the street and he was leading her around, and some friends found her when he led her to a cash machine. They think he was a drug dealer, and when they tried to get her home he said, bluntly, "she can do whatever the **** she wants" and continued leading her to the cash machine. They didn't tell her what had happened, they took her to their flat, cooked her breakfast and said everything was fine and normal and whilst this may have been a nice thing to do, she only found out what happened through word of mouth a couple of months later and she could otherwise have used this as a wakeup call.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, not many guys would call themselves flowermaster.
    LOL! true dat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    I define humannature1992 as an amazing person :love:

EDIT: Someone doesn't like him :awesome:
    I want those doctor cakes in your sig. Mmmmmm..

Oh and I have yet to come across a person that is amazing but my brother comes very close to it, but he is more like a role model and a guy I go for advice and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    I want those doctor cakes in your sig. Mmmmmm..

Oh and I have yet to come across a person that is amazing but my brother comes very close to it, but he is more like a role model and a guy I go for advice and stuff.
    I'll give you cakes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    I'll give you cakes :sexface:
    In the shape of a stethoscope?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.