Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else prefer to make slow passionate love? watch

Announcements

TSR seems to be full of people who have rather aggressive sexual appetites. It's all about dominant, rough, dirty sex. Does anyone, like me, prefer slow, passionate love-making? Maybe it's just youthful exuberance but I can't help but think the temperament of young people is being shifted by modern culture. Impulsive, sensation seeking highs are preferred to a deeper, more meaningful experience. We think we're more experienced and knowledgeable than previous generations were, but aren't we less mature?

ReputationRep:
    I always prefered the slow approach. But time is a luxury. If we have it, we utilise it. If we don't, then we just do what we can i guess.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Slow passionate sex is good and all but well... It just doesn't make me 'gasm.

ReputationRep:
    It's the hormones. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's all the one night stands aggressive fast paced sex is much more fun

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to go slow at the start, but I've often found that lust gets the better of us and we don't finish up going slowly at all...

ReputationRep:
    Its nice sometimes and all, but id get a bit bored of it if we kept on doing it. Variety is the spice of life and all.

ReputationRep:
    its all about hard, tough, angry, aggressive sex!!!

she must need an ambulance by the time i'm done with her.

Nice at the start if theres time, but you don't really orgasm very well like it.
    Its nice for the intamacy though :sexface:

I need a certain time to get hard, so I prefer long and slow foreplays too.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Who says you have to have one type of sex every time?

ReputationRep:
    Slower can be nice, but I need faster to come most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Besides, fast and furious sex can also be passionate. It's hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    TSR seems to be full of people who have rather aggressive sexual appetites. It's all about dominant, rough, dirty sex. Does anyone, like me, prefer slow, passionate love-making? Maybe it's just youthful exuberance but I can't help but think the temperament of young people is being shifted by modern culture. Impulsive, sensation seeking highs are preferred to a deeper, more meaningful experience. We think we're more experienced and knowledgeable than previous generations were, but aren't we less mature?
    I think it depends on timing more than anything else.

There are times that some may want to engage in slow sensual, romantic, caring sex and sometimes they want to dominate/be dominated with hard pounding sex. Both can be exhilarating depending upon the moods of the individuals involved.

As far as the maturity issue is concerned, prior to ~1900 most were reluctant to engage in any sexual activity due to the possibility of conception. Imo since the advent of reliable and readily available contraception methods (~1900 for condoms and ~1960 for birth control pills) has allowed the subsequent generations to sexually mature much earlier than previous generations.

ReputationRep:
    If we're feeling romance-ish or passionate yes, but sometimes it's nice to try something different.

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt agree more with you, slow love making, with lots of foreplay is always better than a fast meaningless f888 take your time, relax and enjoy it :-)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Naaah.

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot. Being slow doesn't imply an inherent deeper meaningfulness. Nor does it mean being more passionate. Leave these ridiculous romanticized images you have in your head about how sex is supposed to look like or be done and go read Rainer Maria Rilke's pieces on eros.
    ****ing is a value unto itself- superfluous conceptual baggage and arbitrary implications help no one, you're just complicating stuff for yourself unnecessarily and possibly fooling others into misconceptions about their own sex life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.