Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Current first year Politics and History student at Aberystwyth University (why? don't even know myself! Way too far away and nothing here!)

Basically due to depression and other personal reasons my first year has gone to hell and I need to get out of soon as possible really. Trying to finish and pass my first year but it's getting really hard.

What I would love to do is take a year out to get a History A-Level and then be able to apply to a much better uni like UEA or something.

Trouble is finding somewhere that does intensive courses that isn't some rip off establishment in Chelsea! I'm struggling to find stuff online.

http://www.westking.ac.uk/14-to-19/C....aspx?ID=34672 - This looked perfect but as I'll be 20 in Sept they probably wouldn't accept me right?

Really could use some help with this guys

ReputationRep:
    Just self study. If you do it with AQA they make it really easy for you. Its a really flexible course, as you have a HUGE array of modules to select from. AQA also provides a list of centres where you can sit the exam, a list of books you'll require for each module, and a list of topics you'll need to research for each module. Looks real fun and simple.

ReputationRep:
    Cool After doing uni studies should seem pretty intuitive enough!

ReputationRep:
    MPW.
    I dunno what the normal prices are, but it could be pricey? But it's not in Chelsea though....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.