Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tish64)
    Teaching
    ohh i never knew that.. I think its the forge 2 that is slightly newer 2 hours wooow! lol gosh!

Im at victoria hall now - its nice - my flatmates arent
    I know.. cos at first I was going to go for a shared kitchen so had a look round the showflat. Then decided after a disastrous time in halls I would rather go for a studio, and then made them get all the blueprints of the buildings out so I could work out exactly where I wanted to be, and then when I realised some blocks didn't have lifts, wanted to get the stairs all the way to the top so I could imagine what it was like with bags of shopping. Yeah I'm pedantic.

Yeah forge 2 is slightly newer, by 2 years, so there isn't an awful lot in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snufkin_)
    I know.. cos at first I was going to go for a shared kitchen so had a look round the showflat. Then decided after a disastrous time in halls I would rather go for a studio, and then made them get all the blueprints of the buildings out so I could work out exactly where I wanted to be, and then when I realised some blocks didn't have lifts, wanted to get the stairs all the way to the top so I could imagine what it was like with bags of shopping. Yeah I'm pedantic.

Yeah forge 2 is slightly newer, by 2 years, so there isn't an awful lot in it.
    yeah... Aww no! Yeah its a good job you did that then isnt it
    Aww ok lol well there are no pictures on the website of the forge 2 studios

ReputationRep:
    yeah... Aww no! Yeah its a good job you did that then isnt it
    Aww ok lol well there are no pictures on the website of the forge 2 studios
    Hmm yeah I've just checked there isn't. They look very similar to the central quay ones. http://www.unite-students.com/studen...d/central-quay

On the 4th pic along on the first row is a studio, and the pic underneath it is a studio but they've blocked off the kitchen.

Theres enough room in the flats for a double bed, the beds lift up with lots of space underneath it, a big desk, table, seats, in the kitchen its quite small but more than enough room for one person, and the single bathroom is an offshoot again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snufkin_)
    Hmm yeah I've just checked there isn't. They look very similar to the central quay ones. http://www.unite-students.com/studen...d/central-quay

On the 4th pic along on the first row is a studio, and the pic underneath it is a studio but they've blocked off the kitchen.

Theres enough room in the flats for a double bed, the beds lift up with lots of space underneath it, a big desk, table, seats, in the kitchen its quite small but more than enough room for one person, and the single bathroom is an offshoot again.
    Aww thank you for all of your info it is much appreciated
    I just dont know where to book now the anvil or forge 2?? hmmm decisions decisions

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you for all of your info it is much appreciated
    I just dont know where to book now the anvil or forge 2?? hmmm decisions decisions
    hey thought you may find this usefull

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1599384

ReputationRep:
    I recently booked a studio at Opal 1 for Sept 2011-2012.
    I was so pleased with it.
    Double bed, internet, own private kitchen, ensuite. Panoramic views.
    Own living area/Dining table.
    All latest mod cons. Oven, power shower, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc.

Located around Devonshire Green. The next street to Division Street and West Street.
    A tram stop, bus stops, pubs, restaurants and shops all on your door step.

I have currently been selected to study abroad, Georgia, America next year so can no longer stay here.

I'm looking for someone to take over my place.
    You can see the rates etc on Opal Sheffield's website.
    I went for a viewing and it's a beautiful room, definately a step up from living in student halls!

All studios are fully booked here, so this really is your only chance for Sept 2011.

Contact me for more information.

Chelsea Hawkes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowwhite.)
    I recently booked a studio at Opal 1 for Sept 2011-2012.
    I was so pleased with it.
    Double bed, internet, own private kitchen, ensuite. Panoramic views.
    Own living area/Dining table.
    All latest mod cons. Oven, power shower, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc.

Located around Devonshire Green. The next street to Division Street and West Street.
    A tram stop, bus stops, pubs, restaurants and shops all on your door step.

I have currently been selected to study abroad, Georgia, America next year so can no longer stay here.

I'm looking for someone to take over my place.
    You can see the rates etc on Opal Sheffield's website.
    I went for a viewing and it's a beautiful room, definately a step up from living in student halls!

All studios are fully booked here, so this really is your only chance for Sept 2011.

Contact me for more information.

Chelsea Hawkes.
    Hey!

I think i might be interested
    How many weeks is your contract for? 44 weeks or 52?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    It's 44 week's.
    I've already paid the deposit so they would just change the name over to you and you would pay me the deposit. This is what they have suggested at the Opal office.
    It really is a beautiful room...

Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    It's 44 week's.
    I've already paid the deposit so they would just change the name over to you and you would pay me the deposit. This is what they have suggested at the Opal office.
    It really is a beautiful room...

Chelsea
    Aww ok
    Yeah.. that would be fine..
    Have you been to view it then? And is it more top floor or bottom floor?
    Sorry for all the questions! lol

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry!
    I was very picky when I went to book it! I booked it months ago to make sure I could bag the best room.
    I requested a low floor and the block furthest away from the pub, so no noise!
    It's so big! After living in a shoe box halls for my first year. Sucks I cant live there because i'm off to America.

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if your interested as it's advertised in quite a few places.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry!
    I was very picky when I went to book it! I booked it months ago to make sure I could bag the best room.
    I requested a low floor and the block furthest away from the pub, so no noise!
    It's so big! After living in a shoe box halls for my first year. Sucks I cant live there because i'm off to America.
    Aww i really want it!
    I think i will take your offer!
    No noise
    Where were u in your first year?

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if your interested as it's advertised in quite a few places.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Is it the lowest floor? Sorry lol so many questions! i'm kind of excited..
    I was thinking of staying in halls again up until a few weeks ago when something happened. Ever since i've been looking at studios and only seen the unite ones.. I was hoping for an opal studio but when i did finally decide that i wanted a studio all the ones at opal were fully booked but now this offer has sprung along i might just have to take it

ReputationRep:
    I requested a low floor, but then when I went to view all the studios are on one level. It's not the lowest level. If you stand at the front of Opal, you'll see like panoramic windows that curve around the sides of the buildings. There the studios.
    I live with Unite now, next door to Opal 1, at Devonshire Courtyard, and I viewed the Unite studios and was not impressed.. You only get a single bed and it all looks pretty basic. Hence why I was so excited when I saw Opals massive room!

If you do want to take it i'll ring up Opal, explain i've found someone to take the contract and then have them call you. The deposit I paid was £200 ish, and thats refunded to you as long as you dont break anything whilst your living there!

ReputationRep:
    I requested a low floor, but then when I went to view all the studios are on one level. It's not the lowest level. If you stand at the front of Opal, you'll see like panoramic windows that curve around the sides of the buildings. There the studios.
    I live with Unite now, next door to Opal 1, at Devonshire Courtyard, and I viewed the Unite studios and was not impressed.. You only get a single bed and it all looks pretty basic. Hence why I was so excited when I saw Opals massive room!

If you do want to take it i'll ring up Opal, explain i've found someone to take the contract and then have them call you. The deposit I paid was £200 ish, and thats refunded to you as long as you dont break anything whilst your living there!
    Yeah i've seen them windows They look so nice
    Ohh i never knew they were the studios!
    What level is that then?

Yeah it looks lovely at Opal.. The thing that i really love is the location of opal 1.. Like, i wanted a studio at central quay or the forge 2 or even the anvil.. But they aren't smack bang in the town centre like Opal and coming home at night by yourself wouldn't be good!

Aww ok then.. Yeah thats fine.. When would u want the deposit as soon as everything would be arranged with Opal?

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe the third floor?
    We went up in the lift so I was kind of spun out.
    I love the location. I live next door to it now and having West Street etc on your door step is fab!
    And not forgetting the chippy, tescos and the tram!

If your definately sure you want to go ahead I can sort it out with Opal. We could meet there so were sure neither of us is being scammed or anything! Aha! then we can sort the deposit out there and then after its all the paper work is sorted?

My number is 07858228169 in case you need it.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe the third floor?
    We went up in the lift so I was kind of spun out.
    I love the location. I live next door to it now and having West Street etc on your door step is fab!
    And not forgetting the chippy, tescos and the tram!

If your definately sure you want to go ahead I can sort it out with Opal. We could meet there so were sure neither of us is being scammed or anything! Aha! then we can sort the deposit out there and then after its all the paper work is sorted?

My number is 07858228169 in case you need it.

Ohh good
    Yeah the location is ace
    Yeah.. well i only live across the road from you at Victoria Hall
    Yep yep thats fine.. I've saved your number..
    I think i am most likely gonna wanna accept your offer! I'll text u or reply on here when i'm certain!

Thank you!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.