This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
so ur not as confident as u want people to think u r, ur a nob!
and thats her being nice
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do u think that law should be changed?
Interesting question.

There are of course no positive rights to freedom of speech in the UK. All rights are residual. In other words, in the UK, you can do or say anything you like so long as it isn't expressly prohibited by law.

That's good and bad. Where free speech is concerned it means that minorities are protected from "hate speech" but, also carries with it the risk that the residual right to free speech can gradually, over time, be too far eroded.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
and thats her being nice
he gets on my nerves trying to make out hes better than every1 when hes so clearly not, im sure u'll agree with me eric that scaredy pants is just a total ****
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Free speach is a right but you have got to use you discretion. It's only right that tehre are moderators on this bored otehrwise we would end up with so much crap/offensive posts on it
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ur so insensitive and i dont no why ur still on ere, u should learn how to control ur smart arse ways cos 1 day some1 will av u for it
Please, don't strain your drug-addled little mind with such obscure concepts as logic. Nobody will ever 'av me for it', because I do not associate with the type of troglodyte who 'av's people. Quite simply, this always was a forum for the intellectual, and, only recently, has this been changed to encourage people like you. d is foolish to act this way, it will backfire in the end.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Interesting question.

There are of course no positive rights to freedom of speech in the UK. All rights are residual. In other words, in the UK, you can do or say anything you like so long as it isn't expressly prohibited by law.

That's good and bad. Where free speech is concerned it means that minorities are protected from "hate speech" but, also carries with it the risk that the residual right to free speech can gradually, over time, be too far eroded.
quite true quite true, u have to think about the long term effect b4 the short term
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Interesting question.

Free speech is only eroded for the good of society, to become eroded to far would also be adverse to society. It's a case of striking a balance between the two.
I believe that you have the right to say what you like, but not the right to say it where you like.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I really don't know why Mr Genius is losing time with a forum...
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Please, don't strain your drug-addled little mind with such obscure concepts as logic. Nobody will ever 'av me for it', because I do not associate with the type of troglodyte who 'av's people. Quite simply, this always was a forum for the intellectual, and, only recently, has this been changed to encourage people like you. d is foolish to act this way, it will backfire in the end.
and you say i spam
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he gets on my nerves trying to make out hes better than every1 when hes so clearly not, im sure u'll agree with me eric that scaredy pants is just a total ****
i sure do agree
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and you say i spam
Yes, I do. Are we not clear on this?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mr. White does make some very good posts. It's a relief from scrawling through the masses of crap on here.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, I do. Are we not clear on this?
the only thing that is clear is your hollow head.Face it your an old man who has never had a girlfriend so you come on here to take it out on others.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Mr. White does make some very good posts. It's a relief from scrawling through the masses of crap on here.
Clearly, someone with enough brain cells to be classed as a normal human being has decided to voice his opinion - once again, a relief.
Amy
Rep:
?
for a start drug-addled?? oh sorry i forgot ur so perfect with ur little jam phobia, and i am intellegent actually, next year ill be at uni, just because im not as up my own arse as u doesnt mean im any less of a person
hotnanoo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
calm down, calm down (inm a scoucer accent)
Amy
Rep:
?
the only thing that is clear is your hollow head.Face it your an old man who has never had a girlfriend so you come on here to take it out on others.
dont u mean boyfriend???? hes sexually starved...
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Firstly, Eric, my low-brow amigo, I am not an old-man. I am 17 and currently in attendance at sixth form. Secondly, I had a girlfriend until a few months ago.

Quite simply, Eric, I do not come here to argue, but rather to discuss. This forum was intended for intellectual discussion, not the crap that has appeared over the last couple of months.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for a start drug-addled?? oh sorry i forgot ur so perfect with ur little jam phobia, and i am intellegent actually, next year ill be at uni, just because im not as up my own arse as u doesnt mean im any less of a person
Almost 50% of the population has been / is in university. This is not an acheivement - anyone with an IQ over 75 could manage it. Anyway, which university are you going to? The Isle of Wight Institute for Farm Studies?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Firstly, Eric, my low-brow amigo, I am not an old-man. I am 17 and currently in attendance at sixth form. Secondly, I had a girlfriend until a few months ago.

Quite simply, Eric, I do not come here to argue, but rather to discuss. This forum was intended for intellectual discussion, not the crap that has appeared over the last couple of months.
The fact the forum is divided up into University, Academic etc. does imply that this page is the general 'any topic will do' discussion page though. So whatever this forum was once intended for does not seem to hold true from its current design.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads