Turn on thread page Beta

Former Springbok accused of deadly axe rampage watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sad, I imagine having this happen to your daughter would push a lot of people over the edge.

The player is alleged to have killed the men in revenge for the gang rape of his daughter, who contracted HIV as a result of her assault.

South African police said the black player hacked his victims to death with an axe. One was decapitated. Others were assaulted, but managed to escape. The player's identity is being withheld from publication to prevent his daughter from being identified...

A police source said: "He didn't seem to make any effort to try and conceal himself. He was just driving around the townships in a car, then he would get out and attack someone.

"It was almost like he wanted to wipe out all the men from one particular area of the township. He must have been driven insane by what had happened to his daughter."
    The player is due to appear in Durban Magistrates' Court this morning. Police are still investigating whether he acted alone. He will be charged formally with three counts of murder and one of attempted murder.

Many South Africans had wrongly assumed he is white and that therefore there may have been a racial element to the attacks, but a police spokesman yesterday confirmed that he is black.
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news...e-2602108.html

ReputationRep:
    As wrong as it sounds, if someone did that to my daughter (not that I have a daughter...) that's what I'd want to do to the people that raped her. I haven't read the article, but hopefully he only went after the people that did it to her and didn't attack any innocent bystanders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    As wrong as it sounds, if someone did that to my daughter (not that I have a daughter...) that's what I'd want to do to the people that raped her. I haven't read the article, but hopefully he only went after the people that did it to her and didn't attack any innocent bystanders.

I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Understandable. I don't think any bad of him.

ReputationRep:
    Aw man, I'd be pretty ****ed off if someone gangraped my daughter and gave her aids... but hacking people to death with an axe? You would probably want to, but you would stop yourself, surely.

ReputationRep:
    I feel disgusted to the people who did that they should be locked up for life when found guilty they might have just ruined a young girls life.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    For cases like this there should definitely be lenience.

He's playing his ****ing role as a father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    I feel disgusted to the people who did that they should be locked up for life when found guilty they might have just ruined a young girls life.:mad:
    might have?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on his side. They gave his daughter aids, he has the right to hack off their limbs.

ReputationRep:
    Hows a Springbok ment to carry an axe ? it doesn't have hands sounds like trumped up charges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    might have?
    Well I hope she could recover from the whole thing and move on with her life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    Hows a Springbok ment to carry an axe ? it doesn't have hands sounds like trumped up charges.
    0/10

ReputationRep:
    Yea, because black people are incapable of murder :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    What an awful story, I'm not surprised he wanted to go and chop them up with an axe its pretty much what they deserve they've as good as murdered his poor daughter.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I think most people in this thread have clearly failed to read or fail to understand. He didn't go out and get revenge against the people who raped his daughter. He just randomly attacked any men that he saw, killing 3 of them. As awful as the case is, what he has done is far more disgusting than what the burglars/rapists did.

ReputationRep:
    South Africa is as good as war torn with the horrific amounts of rapes comitted every single day.
    I read many horror stories coming from that country and whole families being tied up and raped constantly of periods of ours is fairly common. I am almost ashamed to say this but I wonder of apartied was such a bad thing. At least SA was a hundreds of times safer than it is now.

ReputationRep:
    They gave her HIV.

ReputationRep:
    Recover from HIV, eh? Didn't think we'd made that medical breakthrough yet :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Um, I think most people in this thread have clearly failed to read or fail to understand. He didn't go out and get revenge against the people who raped his daughter. He just randomly attacked any men that he saw, killing 3 of them. As awful as the case is, what he has done is far more disgusting than what the burglars/rapists did.
    He killed three SA blacks and probably reduced the crime rate doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Recover from HIV, eh? Didn't think we'd made that medical breakthrough yet :holmes:
    Don't be an arse I meant the attack

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.