Turn on thread page Beta

If aliens visited Earth with an intention to harm... watch

ReputationRep:
    The only thing on this planet that aliens would want, would be humans. Most likely as slave labour, there are 6 billion of us.
    All the planets raw materials can be found anywhere else in the universe.

ReputationRep:
    If Aliens did invade we could just nuke them.

But I'm sure the Americans would deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    If aliens came there would be absolutely no point in fighting them. I for one, would welcome our new alien overlords.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    The only thing on this planet that aliens would want, would be humans. Most likely as slave labour, there are 6 billion of us.
    Why would they need humans when they can build robots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter30)
    Why would they need humans when they can build robots?
    Humans require less maintenance and they reproduce so cheaper production costs. Plus is popular culture is anything to go by the machines always rebel and all hell breaks loose.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ofc humanity would band together, basic survival traits and instincts, stop killing other humans or get killed by the Aliens while you're doing something else

and if they're aggressive, colonial aliens that need to survive and further the existence of their own species (like Humans really) then yeah, they'd just terraform us or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canimakeit)
    Humans require less maintenance and they reproduce so cheaper production costs. Plus is popular culture is anything to go by the machines always rebel and all hell breaks loose.
    You have to feed humans and we also have to sleep

ReputationRep:
    True but they are easy to replace, it's an argument of quality Vs quantity.

ReputationRep:
    I'd of thought the human race on a nation-state level would maintain quite significant if such an event arose.

As for your second paragraph i would imagine life scarce in comparison to potential resources stripped from the earth, so benevolent or not i'd doubt human destruction would hold much point / interest, especially in the resources in might take in itself.

Also i think it far more likely that life-forms who've reached the capacity to come into contact with us are relatively ethically adherent, for otherwise the conditions of unity and common cause necessary to reach such a level i imagine would be very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    But there are billions upon billions of other planets in the universe, what makes earth more attractive to conquer over all the other planets?
    our women, our sexy beautiful women.

ReputationRep:
    we sleep 6+ hours a day now because we've been conditioned too. We only need just less than 2 hours of REM sleep every 24 hours, and it is very possible to train the brain to instantly go into REM mode.

After 2 hours of REM sleep, you'll wake up and feel as though it's been more like 7-8 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    We have Will Smith.
    Thus we always win.
    damn I only just saw this thread but I wanted to mention will smith:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    No, America has Will Smith.
    Well by 'we' i obviously meant earth lol..

ReputationRep:
    The human race likes to fight. Largely with itself and other species that it has a quarrel with. These can be due to traits that the human race possesses such as the need for power and greed.

If extraterrestrial life showed itself; unwilling to make friends but instead take resources from Earth, would the human race start to band together and put past troubles behind it for the greater good? Assuming we have the technology available to fight against such organisms.

Also, completely unrelated: Do you think that aliens would take from a planet with life? Would they kill the hosts in order to take what they needed? Personally, I don't think so. I believe a civilisation that reaches possibly millions of years old needs to have an incredibly complex social structure. To obtain this, you need to have such things like equality and the ability to show empathy. A dictatorship or a race that wants to harm more than nurture wouldn't get very far in my opinion.
    there are so many variations, the aliens could be religious crazies similar to the Ori/Muslims and would destroy those in their path. it depends on how their society evolved over time.

if we get invaded, we'll be screwed as the only way to win the war against the aliens is to invade their homeworld and we barely got a space program let alone a fleet of star ships with F.T.L drives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    there are so many variations, the aliens could be religious crazies similar to the Ori/Muslims and would destroy those in their path. it depends on how their society evolved over time.

if we get invaded, we'll be screwed as the only way to win the war against the aliens is to invade their homeworld and we barely got a space program let alone a fleet of star ships with F.T.L drives
    Hmm, that's a point. I never really thought of aliens as being religious. That would be so weird but very likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    but liquid water is extremely rare to find in its natural state

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    But there are billions upon billions of other planets in the universe, what makes earth more attractive to conquer over all the other planets?
    We have water on earth.

I watched Battle:Los Angeles in cinema, and the aliens invaded earth so they could steal all our water.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it the other way round.

If we'd used up all our planets resources and needed to travel to another planet to survive, I highly doubt we'd go out of our way to make sure the locals weren't affected by us. I can't really think of any other reasons to visit another planet. Seems an awful lot of trouble to go through just to have a wander about and make a nature documentary or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Being a civilian, I'd hide and close my eyes....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    We have water on earth.

I watched Battle:Los Angeles in cinema, and the aliens invaded earth so they could steal all our water.
    Is that film any good?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.