Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Slept with my ex-boss... I think... watch

Hmm, bit of a long one so thanks in advance for bearing with me!

I quit my job a few weeks ago and worked my last shift on saturday, went out after work with some co-workers for a drink which somehow turned into a massive night out. No idea who instigated it but I somehow ended up getting off with my boss. I remember getting in a taxi, then sitting in his garden talking and drinking and getting off and then nada. Woke up the next morning with him spooning me, naked. We fooled around for a bit in the morning, he was quite cuddly and said he hoped it wasn't the last time we woke up together but we stopped short of doing the deed, because I was by that stage freaking out enormously. I decided (why, I know not) to tell him I'd gotten back together with my ex and that was why I didn't want to have sex again (I presume we'd slept together the previous night, I had some fairly telltale bruises).

He was already an hour late for work so we got up and dressed and out pretty quickly, I walked with him for a bit, which was awkward but not as much as you'd think. He asked about my 'boyfriend' in a way that sounded a wee bit jealous but I was cagey (for obvious reasons like, in reality he's still my ex and always will be...) When we went our seperate ways he gave me a bit of a hug and a kiss on the forehead and said he'd see me around.

So now I've thought about it a bit, I actually really wish I hadn't lied about being back together with my ex, because I would quite like to see him again. He's attractive, smart, only a few years older than me and not my boss any more, and the signs seem to indicate that he was interested in more than a one-night thing. But I dunno how to show that, or if I should. We don't normally text socially, and I highly doubt that he'd want to see me in a group-setting with other work mates, because it would massively undermine him if people knew we'd slept together. There's a work night out next sunday for someone else's leaving do which I was invited to, but I don't know if my showing up would just make things weird.... arrrgh.

ReputationRep:
    Go! Tell him you freaked out last time and that the lie about your ex just slipped out because you didn't know what to do, but you actually really like him and would like to spend more time with him. I think men, like women, appreciate honesty, and telling the truth can only make things easier. You'll both know where you stand. And if he's not interested, at least you'll know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise107)
    Go! Tell him you freaked out last time and that the lie about your ex just slipped out because you didn't know what to do, but you actually really like him and would like to spend more time with him. I think men, like women, appreciate honesty, and telling the truth can only make things easier. You'll both know where you stand. And if he's not interested, at least you'll know.

Exactly this. Plus if you dont go you will always wonder 'what if'. Sounds to me like he does like you!

ReputationRep:
    If you like him and he likes you (sounds like it), then go for it - but be aware that you were both drunk when this happened, so will it be the same when you are sober?

(P.S. I advise not to get drunk again? :facepalm:

The common British society. :rolleyes: )
    Poll
    Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.