The Student Room Group

mmm lecturer

Ok, ok so this has been done to death. I have a crush on my lecturer. I don't think he likes me back in THAT way, I'm not an idiot, but man he's just so cute. He's not good looking or anything, but he's super sweet, barely older than me (I'm a few years older than everyone else in my class) and just lovely.

Nice guy, just getting it off my chest, that's all!

Scroll to see replies

well you know, you can act on that once your classes have finished!
Reply 2
**** him. is that what you want to hear ?
Reply 3
yeh right! Although they are so nearly finished and would love to... It would be ridiculously un-proffesional of him to do so, wouldnt it... so rubbish being in this position!
Reply 4
I'm not sure if it's a great idea to act on it just yet, just try to talk to him more (first about his subject) and then see if maybe he likes you back that way. But I agree, definitely don't act on it while you still have classes with him.
That's nice dear.
Reply 6
I wouldn't want to compromise his professionalism etc etc, but i am 24, he's 26 and technically, when classes are done, and essays marked etc, what be done?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
yeh right! Although they are so nearly finished and would love to... It would be ridiculously un-proffesional of him to do so, wouldnt it... so rubbish being in this position!

Is he a full time member of staff or graduate teacher?
cool story sis
I wouldn't want to compromise his professionalism etc etc, but i am 24, he's 26 and technically, when classes are done, and essays marked etc, what be done?

If uni are likely to have a problem with it, then there would be some kinda section on it in your course/uni handbook (if there's an official policy or whatever).

Is he likely to ever teach you again and would you particularly mind being (potentially) gossiped about? :smile:
Reply 10
i would love it if there was a section in the handbooks about 'and you can only sleep with a faculty member if he is a)... ) would make my dad. Quite literally :tongue:

I think he's a graduate teacher, he's only just got his PHD but hey, that could mean anything...
Don't become homewrecking jailbait. Fancy boys your own age. Or Justin Bieber.
i would love it if there was a section in the handbooks about 'and you can only sleep with a faculty member if he is a)... ) would make my dad. Quite literally :tongue:

I think he's a graduate teacher, he's only just got his PHD but hey, that could mean anything...

I think if a uni has a policy about it, there's usually some way of finding out about it. So if you can't find any info, maybe there's not a policy against it? :dontknow:

The other thing to consider is which are you more attracted to: actually going out with him or the idea of going out with him? Do you actually want the fantasy to become a reality, especially since you use the word "crush"?

Plenty of things to consider even if there's no policy against it :yes:
Reply 13
Bless?
Reply 14
There is nothing to stop a student and lecturer having a relationship. All you have to do is make the powers that be aware of the situation and then a different member of staff gets involved (not for a threesome!) for marking etc. I've known about 4 or 5 lecturers here who have got involved with students. It's no big deal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Don't become homewrecking jailbait. Fancy boys your own age. Or Justin Bieber.

Im 24, he's 26. he is kind of my own age...
Reply 16
Original post by wdywuk
There is nothing to stop a student and lecturer having a relationship. All you have to do is make the powers that be aware of the situation and then a different member of staff gets involved (not for a threesome!) for marking etc. I've known about 4 or 5 lecturers here who have got involved with students. It's no big deal.

I like the sound of that :tongue: where's here?
Original post by steve collins
cool story sis

Beat me to it :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think if a uni has a policy about it, there's usually some way of finding out about it. So if you can't find any info, maybe there's not a policy against it? :dontknow:

The other thing to consider is which are you more attracted to: actually going out with him or the idea of going out with him? Do you actually want the fantasy to become a reality, especially since you use the word "crush"?

Plenty of things to consider even if there's no policy against it :yes:

obviously I'm over the silly scholgirl crush phase, but I have got to know him over the year and would like to 'see' him to see if we connect on a different level. I have no idea if he likes me, Im not one of those people who sees somebody and assumes they like me because they laugh at my jokes or who come and sit down inappropriately close to me!

thanks for the advice
obviously I'm over the silly scholgirl crush phase, but I have got to know him over the year and would like to 'see' him to see if we connect on a different level. I have no idea if he likes me, Im not one of those people who sees somebody and assumes they like me because they laugh at my jokes or who come and sit down inappropriately close to me!

thanks for the advice

Might be worth trying to somehow suss out whether he likes you or not before outright asking :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending