Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Food you buy, and then never use... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Definately tins of kidney beans.- "Oh they'll be good to put in something." the only use i'll make of them is if there's a nuclear winter. ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    It's only really bread for me. Even if I buy the small loaves, I only end up eating about half of it before it goes mouldy, despite making sandwiches most days.

ReputationRep:
    Can't actually remember the last time I through out food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    I can never get through a whole cucumber before it goes out of date, it always goes all mushy and liquified in the bottom of my fridge!
    That's where I come in

I eat cucumber like banana :sogood:

I :love: cucumber.

In fact I just ate a big chunk of one!

ReputationRep:
    I bought weightwatchers yoghurts the other day because they looked yummy. They were not. I threw them away.

I eat lots of fruit/salad so I never throw that away (even if the salad leaves are a bit brown :ninja: soggy leaves are not good though :p:).

I generally buy tinned food that I don't eat for a while because I know one day I'll be in the mood for it and voila! There it is in my cupboard

ReputationRep:
    Herbal or fruit teas. They look like they'd be nice, but apart from peppermint the ones I've bought taste bland

ReputationRep:
    Philadelphia/humous/other dip and spread type things.
    I buy them when I fancy them, eat some once then never again

ReputationRep:
    tinned fruit or veg... my mum gave me LOADS of tins of the stuff when i went to uni

still have a huge thing of tinned peaches a year later... its too big to eat by myself and once you've opened it it doesnt keep that long so its stayed unopened and unused!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.