Turn on thread page Beta

Daily Mail haters - why? watch

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with the Daily Mail?

I read somewhere that it is the UK's favourite newspaper so why so many people ****ging it off and calling it racist?

I have not seen any examples of this at all ...

ReputationRep:
    You reading it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooney1000)

I read somewhere that it is the UK's favourite newspaper so why so many people ****ging it off and calling it racist?

Definitely related to H+R :rolleyes:

See http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/ for countless examples of them lying and falsifying information in order to give a headline that implies Muslims, blacks or poor people are screwing over everyone else.

This is a recent favourite of mine: http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/2010/02/2...ce-of-britain/

ReputationRep:
    It's like saying "aids" is my favourite disease - they're all ****.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible paper - such a depressing take on life. No idea why so many people buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it because it is horribly written with a clear bias in almost ever story and sometimes the angle they take on particular stories is so transparent and borderline disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    It's a stupid paper for stupid people who fear stupid things.

Or as they would say: Britain's last FRONTLINE against paedo Muslim homo-communists looking to infiltrate YOUR CD collection.

ReputationRep:
    I do read the Daily Mail when I'm online and bored... but you could hardly call it a quality, unbiased newspaper. They're very into their hype.

ReputationRep:
    An attack of a person of Indian or Pakistani ancestry on a white person will be splattered on the front page as "Racial Attack!", an attack of the latter on the former however will be confined to the back pages.
    Also, their bias on the student protests was overwhelming, the Guardian was the only newspaper to show the true story, but even then that's only because they have a vested interest in supporting the left-wing opposition to the coalition.

ReputationRep:
    And once again, the biters bite.........

ReputationRep:
    It's entertaining if you're on a train or something with no access to any decent literature.

If you want actual news, it's worthless.

This is aimed at the retards that constantly come out with BS like 'Daily Fail' and somehow manage to miss the fact that, really, the paper is aiming to do the former of the two things I mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Its the nations favorite paper as it gives just enough news to be called a news paper, unlike the true tabloids, and not enough meat that it requires people to actually think.

I read the mail sometimes, as it is entertaining, but I would never use it a my primary source of current affairs.

ReputationRep:
    I read it for the Lulz. Its comical how all the lefties get wound up by the mail, im sure it just eggs them more.

ReputationRep:
    The website is so baddd. The news is literally all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    I would think that they say it's the UK's favorite newspaper because a lot of people believe its false news ...?

ReputationRep:
    so The Independent is the only newspaper with no political affiliation?>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooney1000)

It's the UK's favourite newspaper because most people are moronic.

I don't know about the racism part but it seems to categorise everything into either "things that give you cancer" and "things that cure cancer."

Also this: http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

ReputationRep:
    COULD THE BBC IMPREGNATE THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY?

HAS THE LOONY LEFT DESTROYED THE BRITISH PEOPLE?

COULD THE BBC TURN THE BRITISH PEOPLE GAY?

COULD CHAVS GIVE TAXPAYERS CANCER?

HAS HEALTH & SAFETY GIVEN YOUR MORTGAGE CANCER?

HAVE CHAVS HURT THE MIDDLE CLASS?

COULD YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL SCROUNGE OFF YOUR MORTGAGE?

ARE BRUSSELS BUREAUCRATS INFECTING YOUR MORTGAGE WITH AIDS?

COULD THE UNIONS GIVE YOUR MORTGAGE DIABETES?

HAVE WORKING MOTHERS GIVEN BRITAIN'S SWANS DIABETES?

IS BINGE DRINKING MOLESTING ENGLAND?

WILL POLITICAL CORRECTNESS DEVALUE CLIFF RICHARD?

HAS TWITTER HURT YOUR PETS?

WILL THE P.C. BRIGADE MOLEST THE COUNTRYSIDE?

HAS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS MOLESTED YOUR CHILDREN?

COULD HOODIES GIVE THE COUNTRYSIDE CANCER?

Etc, etc. The scary thing is some of them sound like something they would genuinely put in.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.