Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My laptop is now more than 3 years old thus the applecare has run out....however i am having issues with the computer.

within the last 7 days the computer has reset itself, it turns off momentarily then turns back on and goes back to normal.

Now i automatically booked myself in at a apple shop....but now that my warranty has run dry what will they do....will they charge me for a consultation or what?

ReputationRep:
    I had a problem with my ipod which was out of warranty, and they took a look at it instore without charging. So I think it only costs if they actually repair it (my ipod was unfixable so I don't know what happens if they take it in for repairs).

ReputationRep:
    As superwolf said, the Genius Bar appointments are without charge and if they can find a solution and enact it there and then, you will not have to pay. If it needs to be sent for repair and/or replacement parts are needed then you will be billed. I'd suggest just buying a new laptop if that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    As superwolf said, the Genius Bar appointments are without charge and if they can find a solution and enact it there and then, you will not have to pay. If it needs to be sent for repair and/or replacement parts are needed then you will be billed. I'd suggest just buying a new laptop if that's the case.
    Cool thank you guys for the replies.

I wont be able to afford a repair or a new laptop so ill just have to deal with it. It might not get worst- i think it might be the new firefox cos it only started after i installed that!

ReputationRep:
    how far out of applecare is it? i've known the odd person who's mac has broken a couple of weeks after it ran out and apple fixed it for free anyway

Yeah I know a couple of people who got free repairs despite being out of warranty. I think if it's obviously a fault with the equipment rather than something you've done to it, they aren't that fussed. If you can tell people you got a free repair with no warranty then Apple has got some good publicity out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah I know a couple of people who got free repairs despite being out of warranty. I think if it's obviously a fault with the equipment rather than something you've done to it, they aren't that fussed. If you can tell people you got a free repair with no warranty then Apple has got some good publicity out of it.
    And that's why they'll keep repairing if you take it back within a few days or a week after you're overdue. People get on here and state it or from word of mouth locally and you gain hundreds of potential customers from that one person.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.