The Student Room Group

Denying oneself opportunities with the opposite sex

Have you ever done this? I mean, some people would wonder what my problem is, I'm attractivish, personable, and could have just nuckled down, lived the middle class life, and met some very nice, attractive and well spoken girls. So why have I denied myself that in order to be lost in some enigmatic netherworld? Why am I so particular about so-called personal integrity and what the chemistry has to be or reluctant to just become a person like others and enjoy this stuff, why do I make it so complicated? Am I behaving naturally and just having pride and particularity, and aiming for the perfect chemistry, or am I being dull and narrow minded and life-denying?

Am I weird in this, or are these feelings existent in everyone, do we all make things hard for ourselves because what can be on offer more easily somehow isn't right for our soul?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your testicles don't seem to be fully developed yet, young man.
Reply 2
Original post by Chillaxer
Have you ever done this? I mean, some people would wonder what my problem is, I'm attractivish, personable, and could have just nuckled down, lived the middle class life, and met some very nice, attractive and well spoken girls. So why have I denied myself that in order to be lost in some enigmatic netherworld? Why am I so particular about so-called personal integrity and what the chemistry has to be or reluctant to just become a person like others and enjoy this stuff, why do I make it so complicated? Am I behaving naturally and just having pride and particularity, and aiming for the perfect chemistry, or am I being dull and narrow minded and life-denying?

Am I weird in this, or are these feelings existent in everyone, do we all make things hard for ourselves because what can be on offer more easily somehow isn't right for our soul?

Huh?
Reply 3
It's just a question of maybe going for monogamy with someone you really relate to, and not being botthered to adapt to different mindests at all, to find a girl who accommodates my seflfish refuasla to change and apticularites, but maybe that's just narrow and boring, I dunno.
I don't even :/
Reply 5
Ok, let me clarify, basically, I've shunned a middle class and probably lots more opportunities with nice, attractive classy birds, out of some feeling that it wasn't right with them and I had to pursue something harder, more authentic, that I find in girls of a different class. I've shunned what was their under my nose in some weird idea I wasn't right for it, or they were too comfortable in that they had, and we'd be too comfortable.
Reply 6
Doe this make any sense?
Reply 7

Don't flatter yourself mate.
You're saying you're an Uptown boy looking for a backstreet girl?
Reply 10
Original post by EffKayy
Don't flatter yourself mate.

It's hardly a boast.
Reply 11
Original post by staticrhubarb
You're saying you're an Uptown boy looking for a backstreet girl?

Not quite that, more just I'm apprehensive of a mature relationship with the successful, posh type, becoming smooth and accomplished and middle class and satisfied worries me. I need something to rail against or be worked up about. It would seem like having it too good.
Reply 12
jeez, I'll even offer rep for your ideas
So you're not willing to settle for someone you're not really that in to.

That's fine! Don't worry about it.
Not quite that, more just I'm apprehensive of a mature relationship with the successful, posh type, becoming smooth and accomplished and middle class and satisfied worries me. I need something to rail against or be worked up about. It would seem like having it too good.

Just because somebody's middle class doesn't mean they will necessarily be successful and looking for a mature relationship, just as being working class doesn't always mean they won't be looking for anything serious.

You sound like you just haven't met enough women yet. Maybe go out a bit more to bars/pubs with friends, if you're at uni join a few societies.
Got lost half way through. Either way, I think its commongly known as having standards.
Reply 16
So basically, you don't date people who are unattractive to you because of some attribute they have? I don't think that's exactly abnormal to be honest :dontknow:
Reply 17
Basically your standards are too high, and you are not good enough to meet those standards. Stop wasting your life.
Reply 18
Original post by staticrhubarb
Just because somebody's middle class doesn't mean they will necessarily be successful and looking for a mature relationship, just as being working class doesn't always mean they won't be looking for anything serious.

You sound like you just haven't met enough women yet. Maybe go out a bit more to bars/pubs with friends, if you're at uni join a few societies.

No I know, but I just have gone for more obscure women, the type in bars, rather than a nice middle class girl, ho is the calm, in control, mild, classy type, not saying they are easy to have but I have never tried, it's not having standards it's more like just shunning something under my nose that is less intense. I mean, they are great girls, so it's more like not wanting to become genteel and have it to easy, that's the best way to explain it, like it's too contented and straightforward somehow. Maybe thats a character weakness on my part though, wanting to rail against sometyhing and not just make it simple and be contented.
Reply 19
Oh, it's april fools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending