Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Posh girls, would you go for a guy who wasn't posh? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know quite often with posh people, the whole thing of being in on it is quite important to them, that their kids must be also. I sometmes find the chesmistry very sexy between me and a posher girl, it's like a lady chatterley type of feeling.
    So long as they don't veer into arrogance they have quite an attractive distance and regal type of thing to them they just gets me all hot under the collar.
    I find the possibility of congress intriguing.

I like talking casually but I've never had a particularly sustained relationship with one. Sol, give me your verdict, posh girls.

ReputationRep:
    Who is Sol?

ReputationRep:
    The song 'uptown girl' comes to mind here...

ReputationRep:
    The insecurity of the psedo posh is annoying. Anyone so desperate to cement a social status is missing out on life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Who is Sol?
    So, I meant.

ReputationRep:
    Yes at university they tend to find something exciting about doing a working class boy away from the eyes of their parents, but they won't settle down with him.

As well as picking up their 2:2 in History of Art many posh girls are looking to identify the brightest graduates with potential to be leaders of the future, so they can have a husband as rich as Daddy. I guess that's why girls in recruitment tend to be P.T.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think by the standard of most people, more hampered by class divides, I am pretty good at poking through it as it were, I enjoy the feeling and find it quite alluring seeing where i get with them, it's fun.
    It's nout to do with money btw, just a certain type.
    I reckon I could make one very happy indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with a 'posh' girl once, and generally speaking.. they are RAHs

ReputationRep:
    Come on girls, what lurks deep down?

I love the category of rich chav boys yet would probably be considered middle/high class due to the course I'm studying (even though I'm not really posh)

ReputationRep:
    Only if you have a fat wallet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love the category of rich chav boys yet would probably be considered middle/high class due to the course I'm studying (even though I'm not really posh)
    what course?!

ReputationRep:
    I dated a posh girl recently...

She used to greet me with "Is that a wallet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Always said it's a wallet....it turned her on :sexface:

lol I kid, but I like classy elegant girls. I like when they walk and talk eloquently...plus they tend to be quite girly which I've always found cute. Not sure what you define as 'posh' though, I wouldn't be interested in a girl who walks like a poodle and only associates herself with 'posh' people if that's what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)

lol I kid, but I like classy elegant girls. I like when they walk and talk eloquently...plus they tend to be quite girly which I've always found cute. Not sure what you define as 'posh' though, I wouldn't be interested in a girl who walks like a poodle and only associates herself with 'posh' people if that's what you mean.
    It's a sort of aloof dignity they have, like, I'm decent to you but you have to work for me.

ReputationRep:
    I like being with someone on the same sort of level as me. I hate it when people who are posh make themselves common. 'init'.

ReputationRep:
    hhmm...it depends on individules but I'll be looking for the connection between me and the guy , eventhough you're cute and ready to pay, thats boring , you know , I am looking for a guy to sitmulate my mind not my skirt !!!! So just be yourself and make her laugh =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_16)
    hhmm...it depends on individules but I'll be looking for the connection between me and the guy , eventhough you're cute and ready to pay, thats boring , you know , I am looking for a guy to sitmulate my mind not my skirt !!!! So just be yourself and make her laugh =)
    I love how you edited this post and it is still horrific.

Stick to being the eye candy.

ReputationRep:
    Im farily posh...and honestly no I wouldn't...it's not an arrogant thing it's just you want someone similar to you in background, values, education, culture etc

ReputationRep:
    People tend to meet others who have similar background, culture, interests etc. It is reflected in where you go to school, go out, go on holiday etc. So it is natural for people to 'click' with similar people. Yet when two people of wealthy backgrounds do it, it is seen as if they are being excluding, difficult, arrogant, "won't give poor people a chance". I think it's possible to be flexible in terms of dating, but there are limits of far you go. There is a certain type of guys I like with a certain look, that is simply my preference, and of course, it is probably shaped by my background. I'm not looking to get married yet either, so it is not about marrying well, it is simply about who you have things in common with. And obviously when the day comes for me to get serious with someone, I would want a guy with a similar financial background (or better), so we could live in the area I want, go on holidays certain places etc. I have never lived off a man, I expect to go 50/50 in on an apartment, so he would need to be quite well off for it to work. So to answer your question, you go for what you know.

ReputationRep:
    A guy split up with me because he felt that we of completely different classes. He was very proud of his very working class roots and couldn't go out with me because I could afford to go to starbucks and eat out (in standard restuarants like Pizza express!) when I wanted to. I kind of resented this because it made me look like I was splashing cash when in reality I just had parents who helped me through uni.

I totally understood where he was coming from and made a real effort not to mention money but it meant that he could never go on holiday or anything together. However, completely by chance I'm dating this guy who went to a very posh school and he is even stingier than the other guy because his parents dont give him a penny towards his education at uni and I guess because his parents are so wealthy he doesnt really get a student loan.

nightmare....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.