Turn on thread page Beta

How do you clean your ears? watch

ReputationRep:
    I lick em out.

Just like I do with the rest of my body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Apparently they push wax in further but I don't believe that
    Start believing. My friend had a serious case of this before and had to go to hospital to get it sorted out. Mind you, this was the same friend who spent over a year adamant that 'Ear candles' were brilliant despite all of my references to Ben Goldacre's investigations into how the principle on which they supposedly work upon is complete and utter nonsense.

We've got clever little self-cleaning ears, so there's no need to be prodding them

(Original post by lean bean)
    are you gay or something? why the hell would you go to the hospital to get your ears cleaned?

buy yourself some earbuds
    No I am not gay, it comes with the medical problem I have... how about you don't act like such a plonk and think before making such stupid posts.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ever put cotton buds in your ears!!

I just you know, sort of wash when I shower/bath. But about a month ago I got a serious ear infection, so went through a 3 week period of having to put olive oil in my ears every other day, if that counts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily Academia)
    Start believing. My friend had a serious case of this before and had to go to hospital to get it sorted out. Mind you, this was the same friend who spent over a year adamant that 'Ear candles' were brilliant despite all of my references to Ben Goldacre's investigations into how the principle on which they supposedly work upon is complete and utter nonsense.

We've got clever little self-cleaning ears, so there's no need to be prodding them
    Lil always speaks sense :yes:
    Also - Ben Goldacre? Like the epitomy of :awesome: :awesome: ness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    1. Be in the shower.
    2. Tilt head; first to the left & then to the right.
    3. Use a corner of the towel to get any crap/wax out.
    This, unless I'm at home in which case I use thin cotton buds soaked in warm water, melts the wax so I can clean it out without worrying about pushing it into my ear. Plus the feel of warm water in your ear feels soooooo gooooddd :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    +

ReputationRep:
    I’ve got a little rubber ear syringe (looks more like a turkey baster than a syringe...) and use it in the bath whenever my ears feel a bit clogged up. Never had any luck with cottonbuds; from personal experience, they just make things worse.

ReputationRep:
    I still use cotton buds and will not stop using it. I have been using it since 18years. It certainly will not make any difference if I stopped now.

ReputationRep:
    Pressure washer.

ReputationRep:
    Cotton buds....eargasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    +
    +

It works a lot better than your method

ReputationRep:
    I use cotton buds everyday after taking a shower and I've been doing it my whole life. I don't really care what doctors say to be honest, it's the most convenient way. I somehow like the feeling of them It's like someone scratching your back, it's just plain awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I just cram my little finger in there, roll the wax into a little ball, flick it down the plug hole, then wash the sink and my hands with soap and water.

Stuff using cotton buds, you get better dexterity with a finger.

ReputationRep:
    I use the pressure of the shower to clean them out (tilt my head, use some soap, let it descend the canal a bit then rinse out). I've always wondered if this is a good or bad way. If anyone knows, quote me and reply

ReputationRep:
    I love having them syringed - haven't needed it doing for years though.

Just soak my head in the bath when I'm washing my hair these days - I imagine the snap crackle and pop noises are wax being loosened, dunno if it really is.

ReputationRep:
    I dont no if someone already suggested it but if you put in a drop of olive oil then just use cotton to cover the ear (so the oil doesn't come out ) youll find in the morning that any wax that was in your ear will be on the cotton.
    The olive oil acts as a lubricant and softens the wax so it just flows out.

ReputationRep:
    the curl of a hairgrip.

(Original post by Double Agent)
    I use cotton buds. Dont care what anyone says, they've worked for me all my life.
    Yeah same ! They just mean don't push it to hard in!

ReputationRep:
    use a key from a bunch of keys. or use someone's glasses' frame.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.