The Student Room Group

Why do people bully?

Self explanotary thread ..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why don't you just keep all your questions within the thread you had before?

As for the question, they are insecure or want what you have.
Reply 2
Because they're pathetic, insecure cowards who get their jollies picking on those they feel are weaker than them to try and impress their friends.

You can't get much lower than a bully. They're scum.
Bullies are animals they dont have the ability to reason like humans can
Reply 4
I actually used to be a bully in primary school. Man..I tormented the fats kids there and even forced a guy on a diet just so he wouldn't get bullied anymore. I guess back then I had a taste for destruction but I'm a changed man now.
Reply 5
Survival of the fittest.
They think putting other people down logically bigs themselves up in the eyes of everyone else. Unfortunately true in a lot of cases.
Reply 7
People in this thread are too quick to judge the bully at face value. I see it as a cycle. Someone may be bullied whether it's through domestic abuse at home or they have been bullied in the past and nobody has listened or attempted to help them. As a result they feel they can only be heard through making a scene such as through bullying or generally being loud and annoying.
Reply 8
To please their mates. Every single time you see and hear about bullying, it involves a group of people, right? You never see a person bullying others when they're on their own- unless they're some sort of psychopath.
Reply 9
Original post by W.H.T
To please their mates. Every single time you see and hear about bullying, it involves a group of people, right? You never see a person bullying others when they're on their own- unless they're some sort of psychopath.

the guy who bullied me, was indeed on his one... so a psychopath
Reply 10
Original post by IlexBlue
Because they're pathetic, insecure cowards who get their jollies picking on those they feel are weaker than them to try and impress their friends.

You can't get much lower than a bully. They're scum.

I disagree with that actually, although Genocidal summed up what I wanted to say pretty well so;

Original post by Genocidal
People in this thread are too quick to judge the bully at face value. I see it as a cycle. Someone may be bullied whether it's through domestic abuse at home or they have been bullied in the past and nobody has listened or attempted to help them. As a result they feel they can only be heard through making a scene such as through bullying or generally being loud and annoying.
Reply 11
Original post by rooney1000
the guy who bullied me, was indeed on his one... so a psychopath

Then at least you don't have to take it personally :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Genocidal

I have no sympathy at all for bullies. Have they had a difficult life? So? Thousands of other kids do, and they don't resort to making a kid's life a living hell.

I've known people who've gone through some horrendous ****, whether it's abuse, being bullied themselves, family problems like death, divorce and suicide and much more, and they didn't turn to bullying other people.

Did a bully drive a child to killing themselves? Aw, something must be wrong at home, let's get the poor dear some therapy. Ridiculous.
Bullies have the power and know it
They feel they're not good enough in some way. The way they deal with that is to bring other people down. It empowers them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Insecurity, inadequacy, the need to look 'tough'. Lack of power in their personal life.

I've also heard that some bullies were former victims of bullying.
Reply 16
Some just find it funny, no other reason, I doubt it's because theyre jealous of the person theyre bullying, I think thats just what people who are being bullied say to make themselves feel better
Reply 17
Maybe the person they bully annoys them, just putting that crazy idea out there
Original post by IlexBlue
I have no sympathy at all for bullies. Have they had a difficult life? So? Thousands of other kids do, and they don't resort to making a kid's life a living hell.

I've known people who've gone through some horrendous ****, whether it's abuse, being bullied themselves, family problems like death, divorce and suicide and much more, and they didn't turn to bullying other people.

Did a bully drive a child to killing themselves? Aw, something must be wrong at home, let's get the poor dear some therapy. Ridiculous.

Oh I agree you can't condone their actions that's wrong. But it's also wrong to just say they're animals and they deserve to rot. You may well have known people who have had a bad life but people deal with things differently and sadly some turn to bullying whereas others turn to self harm.
Reply 19
I have no idea why ringleaders bully as I've never been one of them, the only type of bully I've been is one of those people that go along with it in a way without actually taunting the person. I didnt stick up for them and would be short tempered with them when the real antagonists were around. I still consider that a bully though as I've also had people do that to me and it hurts almost as much as the real bullying. The sideline people bully because they dont want to be picked on themselves, perhaps someone whos been a ring leader can explain why they bully?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending