Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just thought i'd start this thread for anyone who will be attending this programme or has been part of it in the past. Got an email saying 54 people are attending this year so they're must be some from these forums! What are your thoughts on the programme and what can we expect?

ReputationRep:
    no one at all?! Anyone even done it in previous years or knows someone who's done it? Any comments on the programme whatsoever will be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    My brother and sister both work for JP Morgan in Bournemouth. I'll ask them about you rats!

ReputationRep:
    When did the comfirmation email? I got an email last week saying it was "still under review" by the careers department

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going on the Spring Break programme...I'm arriving at the hotel on Sunday, just a shame that I have to pay for the first night myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-J-Hick)
    When did the comfirmation email? I got an email last week saying it was "still under review" by the careers department
    I got the email same time as everyone else which was around two weeks ago..

I think 54 people are attending this years Spring Break.

ReputationRep:
    I am assuming I didn't make it haha....otherwise they are leaving it VERY late

(Original post by fa90)
    I got the email same time as everyone else which was around two weeks ago..

I think 54 people are attending this years Spring Break.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame you have such base ambition in life as to wish to work for an investment bank.

ReputationRep:
    who me?

(Original post by Acerbic)
    It's a shame you have such base ambition in life as to wish to work for an investment bank.

ReputationRep:
    who me?
    I was addressing the OP, but if you also want to be an investment banker, then it applies to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    It is a career I am prospecting, however it is certainly not a base ambition. May I ask what your career/ambition is?

I was addressing the OP, but if you also want to be an investment banker, then it applies to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    It is a career I am prospecting, however it is certainly not a base ambition. May I ask what your career/ambition is?
    It is a base ambition, as banking relies intensely upon the most base human instinct, greed. My ambition is to do something which is beneficial to society as a whole, or some form of charitable work, which does not simply involve sucking money up to an increasingly small strata of the super-rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_el)
    Just thought i'd start this thread for anyone who will be attending this programme or has been part of it in the past. Got an email saying 54 people are attending this year so they're must be some from these forums! What are your thoughts on the programme and what can we expect?
    HI, im attending should be good. And to the dude who is anti-investment banking, enjoy your charity work yer

ReputationRep:
    As far as I was concerned I submitted my application on March 13th. I have yet to hear anything back. I logged into my account today and the Status of Application just says that '- This vacancy is now closed for applications', but not that it has been submitted.

I'm trying to find a contact email for the Bournemouth Office, or for this program in particular. Did the emails you had sent to you come from an email address to which you could reply? If so, could someone post it here or PM me with it so that I can see whether they would still have space.

Thanks

randommarble

ReputationRep:
    It is a base ambition, as banking relies intensely upon the most base human instinct, greed. My ambition is to do something which is beneficial to society as a whole, or some form of charitable work, which does not simply involve sucking money up to an increasingly small strata of the super-rich.
    Pay his future salary so he doesnt have to do this nasty job. This will be beneficial to society as a whole, trust me. Also, this will be like charity for you too. 2 birds 1 stone eh? Perfect

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at the Hotel today?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.