Turn on thread page Beta

The Annoying Flatmate Thread! watch

ReputationRep:
    So, yeah, basically I need to let off steam!!

One of my flatmates is soo annoying. Every week she goes through the fridge and rearranges it and throws out other people's food even if it is only a day or two out of date.I don't believe it in dates or anything so it doesn't bother me if something is past it's DISPLAY date! It got to the point were we all decided to have our own shelves in the fridge (like most students do) but I just went into the fridge and she has rearranged it again! She's put all the sauce on shelf etc and now I don't know what is mine, GGRRRR. She has also put all the eggs into one box so now one of my other flat mates will think she has no eggs left.

Plus, she never leaves the flat. Only to go to uni (which she very rarely goes to) so she is constantly in the living room, in her pyjamas!!

Anyone else want to let off some steam??

ReputationRep:
    Hit her with the pimp side of your hand, bro.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her not to do it then...

ReputationRep:
    Mine just dont bother clearing up after themselves! If i make a mess in the kitchen, i clean it up, make a neat little pile of my washing up and do it at least once a day. I'll go in after a few hours and there's crumbs all over the table, splodges of jam, frying pans and plates left on the side... aaagghhhh! How hard is it to use a plate!

ReputationRep:
    haha, i know where youre coming from with the rearranging...my housemate regularly rearranges all the cupboards etc meaning the rest of us often think we've run out of binliners etc...but no, theyre just in a different place for no reason.
    also she makes a cup of tea and leaves the teabag on the side?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calian)
    Tell her not to do it then...
    We have, doesn't make a difference

ReputationRep:
    We're on Easter hols just now - went up to my flat in halls as I live fairly close by, all four of my flatmates have gone home too, despite having left BOTH toilets unflushed, blocked and the doors to both loos wide open. Flat stank. I clean the kitchen all the time, or my mum comes through and helps me - they never bother, despite having a rota, they never do it. So annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petitflam)
    haha, i know where youre coming from with the rearranging...my housemate regularly rearranges all the cupboards etc meaning the rest of us often think we've run out of binliners etc...but no, theyre just in a different place for no reason.
    also she makes a cup of tea and leaves the teabag on the side?!
    Mine puts the teabags in the sink. Why? I'll never know, the bin is about the same distance from the kettle as the sink!!

Also, if you have washing drying on a clothes horse she will take it off and fold it so it goes all wrinkled! .

ReputationRep:
    Start binning her stuff until she realises the error of her ways. Notes/formal complaints don't do much. Fight fire with fire and pretty soon they will stop!

ReputationRep:
    One of mine is the filthiest, most disgusting pig I've ever met. If I don't clean up her minging ****, sort out her clothes, pick up her ****ing tampon applicators and chuck her rotting crap out of our kitchen, I'd be living in a massive ****hole. I even found my pint glasses full of wee in her bedroom (along with all the cat poo that's accumulated all over her filthing rubbsh - I'm not kidding, she keeps 2 cats shut in her room). I can't freaking wait to get out of here, I've had an absolute gutfull of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    We're on Easter hols just now - went up to my flat in halls as I live fairly close by, all four of my flatmates have gone home too, despite having left BOTH toilets unflushed, blocked and the doors to both loos wide open. Flat stank. I clean the kitchen all the time, or my mum comes through and helps me - they never bother, despite having a rota, they never do it. So annoying!
    http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/124...y_laughing.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    One of mine is the filthiest, most disgusting pig I've ever met. If I don't clean up her minging ****, sort out her clothes, pick up her ****ing tampon applicators and chuck her rotting crap out of our kitchen, I'd be living in a massive ****hole. I even found my pint glasses full of wee in her bedroom (along with all the cat poo that's accumulated all over her filthing rubbsh - I'm not kidding, she keeps 2 cats shut in her room). I can't freaking wait to get out of here, I've had an absolute gutfull of it.
    That is truly gross! I would definitely "have it out with her" or move out tbh. It's unfair you're having to put up with this crap.

ReputationRep:
    wtf?????? that's utterly, utterly vile.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think anyone can top this thread after that

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, that is FOUL.

Mine just barely wash up until there is more in the cupboards than in the sink, which pisses me off so much. When it gets too bad, I hide whats left of the clean cutlery just so that they'll realise they need to clean up :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she has OCD? Have you all asked her not to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. We come to blows at least once a month. Her dad is the landlord so she screams, stamps her feet, and declares that it's "her" house, and she can live however she likes. She's never even paid rent. I solemnly wish I had an incling before I moved in. She's ****ing gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Maybe she has OCD? Have you all asked her not to do it?
    OCD doesnt entitle you to throw away other people's property...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petitflam)
    OCD doesnt entitle you to throw away other people's property...
    Well done on pointing out the obvious :yy: ... I didn't say it did :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Well done on pointing out the obvious :yy: ... I didn't say it did :curious:
    you seemed to be justifying her behaviour on those grounds, fairly pointlessly imo.

what does it matter if she does or not? you shouldnt need to be asked not to throw away other people's stuff anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.