Turn on thread page Beta

Going to uni....never been kissed watch

anon or delete please, as I'd prefer this to be private. Thanks.

I'm an 18 year old girl going to uni this year but I've never actually had a relationship or been kissed. It's not that I'm not into guys (I am) or that I'm ugly (I'm not!) -- I do want a relationship but it's just not happened yet.
    But I'm looking forward to dating at uni.

I guess I'm just feeling a little self-conscious about being 18 and never even having been kissed when so many other people my age are in relationships, so what do you think?

Join the club

ReputationRep:
    No one will know unless you tell them.

ReputationRep:
    I could change that. Wanna kiss? :kiss: How about no strings attached sex? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    When are you free?

ReputationRep:
    it happens for some people at different stages in their life, dont worry about it
    if the guy is gonna act like a jerk about it; he aint worth it

(Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    No one will know unless you tell them.
    Good point!

ReputationRep:
    The thing about university is that there will be people a range of people from those who haven't kissed or had a relationship to those who have kissed countless people and can't remember how many relationship they have had.
    I don't think you should be worried, ashamed or feel upset about it. When its time, it will happen

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of people in uni in your position. More than what you'd think!

I was in the same position when i went to uni ... things turned out fine though!

that wink makes it sound really sleazy.

ReputationRep:
    lie

I'm 16 (nearly 17) and the only time I've been kissed was in an Italian bar with a guy twice my age with a name I didn't catch. I am a lesbian, so I suppose that might make it less likely that I'd have experience with rellationships but I'm getting frustrated with why no one seems interested in me! I know sounds arrogant but I am attractive and I dress like vogue styled me.

(Original post by Anonymous)

I'm an 18 year old girl going to uni this year but I've never actually had a relationship or been kissed. It's not that I'm not into guys (I am) or that I'm ugly (I'm not!) -- I do want a relationship but it's just not happened yet.

I guess I'm just feeling a little self-conscious about being 18 and never even having been kissed when so many other people my age are in relationships, so what do you think?
    Be honest, you obviously aren't as 'experienced' as others and your technique could give it away, certainly don't lie, it would be embarrassing to get caught out.

If the guy is decent he won't mind.

Have fun

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 (nearly 17) and the only time I've been kissed was in an Italian bar with a guy twice my age with a name I didn't catch. I am a lesbian, so I suppose that might make it less likely that I'd have experience with rellationships but I'm getting frustrated with why no one seems interested in me! I know sounds arrogant but I am attractive and I dress like vogue styled me.
    I was in the exact same position starting college (right down to the Italian guy in a bar, in fact!), and it all worked out fine. I hope you have as much fun in undegrad as I did, and it just keeps getting better!

My one suggestion would be (since it sounds like you're femmy) to make a point of outing yourself. Otherwise, everyone will just assume you're straight (or bi), and all the cute girls will leave you alone. Join the gay club, hang out with other lesbians, and the world will open right up for you

ReputationRep:

You've just described my life pretty much there! I'm 18, will be going to Uni this Sept, and I myself have never been in a relationship let alone been kissed by a guy!

I used to get upset by this but now I just think, meh! So yeah the majority of friends that I'll make in Uni will probably not be as inexperienced as me but wow, big deal, at least I can say that I'm not the type to get drunk all the time and go around making out and sleeping with a load of random people. At least nobody can brand me a slapper/slut/whore/*****.

Yes some guys may be wierded out by my lack of experience, but like you said, It's not like I'm not into guys, because I'm 100% for men, but it just hasn't happened for me yet (probably because I've moved around a lot all my life). I've heard that the majority of people end up in a relationship when they're at Uni so if it happens, it happens. I just have to wait and see!

But one thing I'm not going to do is show to anyone that me not having a bf bothers me, nobodys wants someone who's desperate (which I'm not!). I just want to concentrate on having a good time whilst I'm at Uni and if a nice guy happens to come into my life then yay for me, but if not, the world'll still be spinning, life'll still go on. I'm sure I'll get my man...eventually!

I'm 20 and in my first year and before starting I was in the same situation (except I'm a guy). If people asked I just told them the truth and noone cared or said anything bad! Sure, some thought it was strange, but if anything it just made them want to help me find someone!

I've kissed a couple of girls while out since I've been here and my mates who were around were just really happy for me! They don't treat me any different apart from joking that I've had too many girls now and have turned "slutty", but it's all in good taste

Really, don't worry about it! If people really care they're not worth knowing anyway. There'll be plenty of opportunities if you are looking for something though, regardless of experience.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.