Foods that, if you eat a certain way, taste better for no reason at all. watch

ReputationRep:
    Irn Bru. 500ml. Glass Bottle.

SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY.

ReputationRep:
    curry tastes better if you eat it with your hands

yes I'm paki

ReputationRep:
    Having mince, mashed potatoes and beans for dinner and mixing it all into one big messy pie. It tastes soooo much better than eating it from the 3 separate piles :o: I've always done this since I was a wee girl lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)
    Having mince, mashed potatoes and beans for dinner and mixing it all into one big messy pie. It tastes soooo much better than eating it from the 3 separate piles :o: I've always done this since I was a wee girl lol
    Yes! Me n my friend used to make a dip in the mashed potato, fill it with beans and cover it back over like a pie

ReputationRep:
    peanut butter with a spoon.
    bazinga.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's macaroni cheese tastes amazing anyway, but it's FANTASTIC when it's in a small deep bowl.

ReputationRep:
    Maltesers are way better if you eat a handful at once instead of one at a time.

Or suck them to death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Everyone knows that:

Apples taste better if you eat them with a knife.
    Ice Cream tastes better if you mix it into a goopy mess.
    Pringles taste better if you fit it into your mouth with one chomp.
    Coke tastes worse through a straw/from a bottle than a can.
    Pizza tastes nicer if the slices are thinner.
    Sandwiches taste nicer if you cut them into little quarters

Not adding any other ingredients, not seasoning, not cooking.
    The food itself hasn't changed at all.
    Just changing the way you physically eat the food greatly improves the flavour.
    coke is better from a glass bottle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sking93)
    coke is better from a glass bottle
    Really? It tastes sweeter and stickier from the bottle!

Or maybe I think this because glass bottles = hot summertime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)
    My mum's macaroni cheese tastes amazing anyway, but it's FANTASTIC when it's in a small deep bowl.
    Everything tastes better in a small deep bowl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterGS)
    Anything eaten with fingers and not a fork
    I'm sure there's been actual scientific research to support this notion.....

....must procrastinate and find....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Cheese sandwiches are better when the cheese is grated as opposed to sliced.
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    lukewarm coke :no: tastes horrendous, it doesn't even feel like I'm drinking the same thing.

Ice cold coke however is magical :woo:
    These 2!

ReputationRep:
    Diet Coke in a glass with ice and a lemon slice.

Scones of any kind are better having been in the microwave for 30 seconds. I find the texture too crumbly and dry when cold; once they've been in the microwave the texture becomes lovely and moist. They seem to taste better then too for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't really answer your question, but... chips taste nicer from McDonalds! Just sayin'

or maybe it's just me.

ReputationRep:
    oysters that are slurped rather than scooped/stabbed with a spoon/fork

the yolk of a sunny side up egg that is left for last after carefully tracing and eliminating the whites around it

flesh of a coconut that is eaten without emptying the juice first

mashed potatoes if you squish it through the gaps of a fork then eating that quasi-play doh deliciousness

noodles that are loudly, enthusiastically, messily, and violently slurped from a bowl, applies to spaghetti, but for spaghetti its strictly one string only

mozzarella on a pizza that you pull with your teeth to see how long you can get it before you rhythmically munch and slurp it in inch by inch

cold cuts that are eaten when you bunch it up into a little ball, rather than eating it as a slice

whipped cream directly from the can

condensed milk directly from the tube

get a fairly large spoon, take a small portion of everything from your plate, or everything that is served in front of you, and start to build a food amalgamation into a neat mound, admiring your handiwork before shoving the entire thing into that big hole in your face, leaving nothing behind except a sneaky, cheeky grin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Everything tastes better in a small deep bowl
    Mmm, true.

ReputationRep:
    Meat, when eaten in the most messiest way possible in front of a large campfire.

Shots, when served in a womans bellybutton.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooffft I love melting my ice cream and eating it runny. xD

ReputationRep:
    Milk when poured into a cup instead of drinking straight from the bottle.

ReputationRep:
    Eating your chippy out of the paper is vastly superior to eating off a plate, or one of those crappy styrofoam trays.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.