Turn on thread page Beta

Foods that, if you eat a certain way, taste better for no reason at all. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Eating your chippy out of the paper is vastly superior to eating off a plate, or one of those crappy styrofoam trays.

Oh yes definitely!

and fish and chips taste better at the seaside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    and fish and chips taste better at the seaside.
    This. Especially when it's hot and sunny, yet with a nice gentle sea breeze and a smell of sea salt and seaweed in the air, and you've just had a lovely swim in the sea and have got dressed again.

ReputationRep:
    Chippy Chips - they are always better if you've pinched one from someone else, always makes me want my own portion =]

Sucking the chocolate off of Malteasers and letting the malty stuff inside collapse onto your tongue.

Dunking a Penguin or a Twix or something like that into tea until the chocolate melts then sucking off the chocolate then redunking the biscuit until it goes soft and the caramel melts a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Twirl is the same chocolate but tastes a million times better than normal Dairy Milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    Twirl is the same chocolate but tastes a million times better than normal Dairy Milk.
    Actually Soapy, Cadbury has two recipes of chocolate; not many people are aware of this. One of the recipes is used exclusively in the Dairy Milk ranges, and the other is used for fillings and coatings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Actually Soapy, Cadbury has two recipes of chocolate; not many people are aware of this. One of the recipes is used exclusively in the Dairy Milk ranges, and the other is used for fillings and coatings.
    Never knew that! It would explain why Twirls taste so bloody good though...

ReputationRep:
    I hate marmite but marmite on toast is bearable if it is eaten upside down! Also, triangle sandwiches pressed flat are better than normal square sandwiches, or half slice of bread sandwiches.

ReputationRep:
    I find any drink tastes better in a mug

ReputationRep:
    Banana. Sliced.

ReputationRep:
    Chew a banana for longer than usual till its like pure mush, then it tastes better haha

ReputationRep:
    Okay, pizza is absolutely delish, but it's much more tasty when I share it with people. I don't know, it just does...

ReputationRep:
    Oranges taste better if they are quartered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    Never knew that! It would explain why Twirls taste so bloody good though...
    mmmmh Twirl chocolate bars...:flutter: :drool:

ReputationRep:
    removing all the air from chocolate mousses. i like to batter it about to death with my spoon

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above: chips in paper and by the seaside are better than on a plate. Eating chips / fries with fingers also.

Cheese is better grated (and melted).

Some things taste better just by the timing:
    toast = straight out of the toaster, buttered and eaten immediately. Cold toast is just dissapointing.
    and
    Ben & Jerrys at the perfect point = not too melted, not rock hard and always straight from the pot.

Coke is best from glass bottles.

Pasta in a thick creamy cheese sauce is better straight from the saucepan eaten with the wooden spoon...ah my fatty studenty moments...:ninja:

Milkshake is better in a tall glass / juice out of the carton / fizzy drinks out of bottles or glass bottles / tea in a mug rather than a tea cup.

Rice is better in a bowl.

Food is better when I get to pull it apart...burgers...pizza...fajita s etc...

ReputationRep:
    everything tastes better out of a glass (i mean drinks for the smart arses among you)
    I like peanut butter on toast or bread, but if its in a sandwich i dont like it.

ReputationRep:
    Semen, on toast.

ReputationRep:
    I love to eat grated cheese on its own. But breaking off lumps, or slices, I don't like so much. Must be something to do with surface area or psychology!

Drinks from glass bottles taste the best. Then it comes cans. Plastic bottles are crap! I hate drinking anything from a plastic cup as well. Yuck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Everyone knows that:

Apples taste better if you eat them with a knife. No
    Ice Cream tastes better if you mix it into a goopy mess. No
    Pringles taste better if you fit it into your mouth with one chomp. Yes
    Coke tastes worse through a straw/from a bottle than a can. Yes
    Pizza tastes nicer if the slices are thinner. No
    Sandwiches taste nicer if you cut them into little quarters Yes

Not adding any other ingredients, not seasoning, not cooking.
    The food itself hasn't changed at all.
    Just changing the way you physically eat the food greatly improves the flavour.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.