Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've bought five tickets for me and my friends for bestival.
    But the rules are 18 and over unless with someone 21 or over for every four people. There are four 17 year olds and one 18 year old in our group.

We are really stuck and don't want to sell the tickets, can't find anyone we know 21 or over that's going. We don't want to take the risk when we get there because it's expensive.

So does anyone know:
    How strict they are?
    Do you think it would be easy to team up with a group on entry?
    How easy it will be generally for a group of 17 year old for the weekend concerning entry alcohol ect . . . . ?

Thankyou, any help appreciated xx

ReputationRep:
    read the rules before buying much ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selensky t)
    read the rules before buying much ?
    I can sell them quite easily, trying to see if there's a solution first. unhelpful comment

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was an unhelpful comment, but what with me being jesus thou, it doesnt matter.

on topic, it shouldnt matter really, knew 17 year olds who got into last years bestival fine without older company. as long as youre over 16+, and look it you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selensky t)
    yeah it was an unhelpful comment, but what with me being jesus thou, it doesnt matter.

on topic, it shouldnt matter really, knew 17 year olds who got into last years bestival fine without older company. as long as youre over 16+, and look it you should be fine.
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can you find someone you don't know who'll take you?

As a last resort, I'd say wait near the entrance and ask people if they'd do it for a tenner or a twenty.

If that doesn't work, just bluff and hope they don't check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    Can you find someone you don't know who'll take you?

As a last resort, I'd say wait near the entrance and ask people if they'd do it for a tenner or a twenty.

If that doesn't work, just bluff and hope they don't check.
    I thought about that, but also thought it might be risky? But we shall continue trying to find people . Yeahh I think that needs to be last resort, just wasn't sure how strict they are at this particular festival, so was hoping I some people would have some past experience.

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    IF i find a job over the summer i'll be going to Bestival, i'm 21 so can get you lot in.

No promises though, jobhunting's hard!

ReputationRep:
    That's really kind of you thankyou, let me know!

ReputationRep:
    I went last year when I was 18 and they checked our driving licenses when we got our wristbands. Of course, you might get lucky but you'll probably be asked to show ID.
    The best bet is to hang around the entrance and find an older person to go as your 'over 21'.
    Or if thats too much of a risk, sell 'em lad.
    Good luck though, i'm going this year and it should be amazing! Village People! Woop Woop!
    Regards,
    Samuel

ReputationRep:
    They haven't ever checked me and I've never entered with an over 21, nor have I ever been 18. I would be really surprised if they checked but clearly it has happened to people in this thread. But for gods sake don't sell your tickets! Bestival is going to be too good :woo:

I also don't think you'll struggle finding an adult, it's an extremely friendly and relaxed atmosphere, just offer that the 18 year old can buy them a drink or two and you'll be in

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.