Turn on thread page Beta

Lib Dem's - "It is still our policy to scrap tuition fees". watch

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Oh Lib Dems, what will you do next

ReputationRep:
    Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.

Don't believe a word of it.

ReputationRep:
    Too little, too late.

I can understand sacrifices as part of the coalition, but the coalition agreement included their opposition to a rise in tuition fees and they betrayed the public on that issue.

There's a lot of work needed to rebuild their image if they want to retain a decent portion of their vote in the next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Just read this and thought I would post it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12923049

Any thoughts? Personally I think they had their chance to show which side of their bread was buttered.
    Before this coalition, I thought they had a bit of a chance being voted in by themselves, but after completely backtracking on everything they promised to do they'll never get a chance to pass anything like that.

They may as well offer free trips to the moon, as they'll never be voted in, not now.

(hope that made sense lol)

ReputationRep:
    I nearly fell from my chair when I heard Simon Hughes. Just what planet does he live on?
    I would have hoped being in Government would mean that they base at least some of their policies in reality.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Largely irrelevant now I think - everyone's seen what coalition government means and next time round they'll either vote tory if they want tory and vote labour if they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody's desperate.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This is not the first time that I don't agree with Nick.

I think when it comes to the next election, they will change the party leader as Clegg has absolutely destroyed the trust.

Oh well, even Clegg voted 'for' the rise in tuition fees.... I doubt they will ever win the election, not any time soon...

ReputationRep:
    I won't be voting lib dems again. They signed a pledge and promised students that they would vote against any rise in tuition fees. If this was not a promise they could keep by going into a coalition, then they should not have agreed to enter that coalition. I would much rather the party I voted for had no power, than took a small amount of power at the expense of their loyalty to their voters.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO i think its your policy to raise tuition fees

Giving negative reps now because i am expressing my opinion prik

ReputationRep:
    See this is ridiculous. The best thing they can do now, bizarrely as it sounds is throw their weight behind the new system. They voted for it, so the very least they can do is retain the little bit of consistency they have left.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheRustaman)
    Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.

Don't believe a word of it.
    This guy knows. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    I won't be voting lib dems again. They signed a pledge and promised students that they would vote against any rise in tuition fees. If this was not a promise they could keep by going into a coalition, then they should not have agreed to enter that coalition. I would much rather the party I voted for had no power, than took a small amount of power at the expense of their loyalty to their voters.
    Thing is, it was part of the coalition agreement. Lib Dems agreed to abstain voting should a change in tuition fees be proposed. This wasn't the case - 28 Lib Dems voted yes; 21 voted no; 8 abstained/were absent.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Lib dems, where would my sense of humour be without you?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe.

P.S. When you want to link youtube videos you'd do this:

[youtube](insert everything AFTER watch?v= not including) [./youtube]

ReputationRep:
    Oh just give it up Libs.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheRustaman)
    Hehe.

P.S. When you want to link youtube videos you'd do this:

[youtube](insert everything AFTER watch?v= not including) [./youtube]
    Yeah, I know.

I just thought the suspense of clicking the link would make it a little funnier.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is... I won't ever be voting for them again, when they don't actually do anything they promise to...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.