Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well I'm hoping it's all okay, needed to have it in as I'm away in Kent for 2 weeks doing work experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_x)
    haha yes it always seems to be my dad too. ah i shouldn't complain though because at least it's getting an outsiders view
    Definitely, I always get far too emotionally attached to mine once I think it's done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marley13)
    I'm Jo.
    This will officially be my third application but only my second realistic one. I'm applying to Glasgow and hopefully Edinburgh if I can straighten some things out with them. With the current fees situation I can't afford to go anywhere else. I have plenty planned this year, I'm completely booked up until September when I plan to take a break to get the app sorted. Then hopefully get a job and do some more experience. And that's pretty much it for me.
    Glad to hear I am not the only 3rd time reapplicant
    I'm lizzy btw

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! sorry i've been a bit quiet but been trying to sort out life!

On the academics front, I've gone back to college to resit chem and maths - its so depressing being there with all the little people but on the plus side it all seems so much simpler the 2nd time round, so fingers crossed!

On the PS front, well, i've done nothing i've also dont very little BMAT prep. I should change this really!

On the horse front, the vets gave up trying to work out what was wrong as they couldnt find anything, although his attacks were getting more frequent, however less severe (we now rarely fall over/look like we're going to, but he does still fall asleep at every available opportunity) although having spoken to them and various other people, we've come up with a diagnosis at long last, although its not a great one!
    They think the chronic stress of his injury and box rest has given him an electrolyte inbalance, thats causing the nerves to his heart to be inpinged, which means they dont function correctly so neither does his heart, explaining the spontaneous irregular-then-regular-then-irregular-then-regular-again AV block, and the fact he's become dangerously bradycardic. I've basically been told that if it doesnt sort itself soon he's going to have a heart attack as his heart is getting weaker, however the vets dont know how to fix it! :rolleyes: other than to give him electrolytes which we're doing that has stopped it getting worse, but its not getting better.. we've spoken to a lady who uses alternative medicines to treat a variety ofa ailments (my friend swears by her for her horses awful headshaking [having seen him off his meds they definitely make a huge difference]) so me and moo's vet have agreed to swallow our scepticism and let her have a go as she seems certain she can help, and we have no better ideas and nothing to lose so its got to be worth a try! So they're in the post and on their way.. i'll keep you updated!

Hope everyone is well, in other news - i've got nationals in less than 3 weeks! on a horse i've ridden once, and so far we dont have a test, and at this rate we're going to be choreographing and learning to ride him the night before when we get to aintree! :s arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    I'm lizzy btw
    Im a 3rd old timer myself

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous, you'd think writing the ps would get easier the more times you had to do it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spooksthehorse)
    I also have a few BMAT books for sale if anyone is interested i will put the links up to the books i have tomorrow
    I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeeding-M...xp_grid_pt_1_1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Preparing-BM...d_bxgy_b_img_c

and
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...ef=oss_product

PM me if anyone is interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishguy2K10)
    Im a 3rd old timer myself
    Awesome.
    have you had any interviews before? Where you applying this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spooksthehorse)

PM me if anyone is interested
    i may be interested, which one did you find was the best?

ReputationRep:
    I'm lizzy btw
    Hi.
    So how's things going for you? Have you decided where you're applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome.
    have you had any interviews before? Where you applying this year?
    Yea, last year I had Bristol and Liverpool
    U ?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, last year I had Bristol and Liverpool
    U ?
    But no offers? I had one at Nottingham a couple of years ago

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    So how's things going for you? Have you decided where you're applying to?
    Pretty good tbh had a packed gap year and got more stuff planned for the coming year. Application is nearly done, I think I've decided visiting cambridge next sat

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    But no offers? I had one at Nottingham a couple of years ago
    Naa, nothing at all
    Hopefully this year will be the year
    What did ya do on ur gap year ?

ReputationRep:
    Naa, nothing at all
    Hopefully this year will be the year
    What did ya do on ur gap year ?
    Oh no
    I went to Zambia last year, then did some small animal practice before Xmas, then 5 weeks at a zoo followed by 2 months working at a stud in Newmarket and going to lectures at the national stud then cam bk for a bit did retakes then went to do work exp at NEH and rossdales in Newmarket and been working inbetween that really

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good tbh had a packed gap year and got more stuff planned for the coming year. Application is nearly done, I think I've decided visiting cambridge next sat

What about you?
    Awesome.
    Yeah I've been keeping myself busy and also got some stuff planned for next year, now it's just a case of getting time off work to do it. I know where I'm applying to, Edinburgh and Glasgow, and application is all ready to go once I'm finished tweaking it. Got somebody reading it over for me just to make sure everything's okay but he's taking his time getting it back. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no
    I went to Zambia last year, then did some small animal practice before Xmas, then 5 weeks at a zoo followed by 2 months working at a stud in Newmarket and going to lectures at the national stud then cam bk for a bit did retakes then went to do work exp at NEH and rossdales in Newmarket and been working inbetween that really

What about you?
    Waow, that was a busy year, u sure got alot of experience crammed into it.
    I went to America for 4 weeks and attended 3 placements ( lab, neutering clinic and an equine practice), came back to Ireland, got a placement in Norbrook laboratories, have been working on a dairy farm up until now, some more small animal practice stuff aswell as equine and I have been working in between these placements.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome.
    Yeah I've been keeping myself busy and also got some stuff planned for next year, now it's just a case of getting time off work to do it. I know where I'm applying to, Edinburgh and Glasgow, and application is all ready to go once I'm finished tweaking it. Got somebody reading it over for me just to make sure everything's okay but he's taking his time getting it back. :rolleyes:
    Cool it's hard ain't it to find a flexible workplace same about the application status nearly nearly finished I'm feeling really nervous though !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Waow, that was a busy year, u sure got alot of experience crammed into it.
    I went to America for 4 weeks and attended 3 placements ( lab, neutering clinic and an equine practice), came back to Ireland, got a placement in Norbrook laboratories, have been working on a dairy farm up until now, some more small animal practice stuff aswell as equine and I have been working in between these placements.
    Wow going to America must have been amazing I'm trying to arrange some lab work and dairy Cos that's what I'm missing atm I think

I don't know another course which expects so much of you even before you've started lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh no

What about you?
    ooo i did a week w/e at rossdale's

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.