Turn on thread page Beta

Any other guys tired of having really skinny arms? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    No Idea, I guess act as mature Tsri'ans. Is this the end of my trolling life ?
    There's a few threads in the "About TSR" forum. One mod saying it's a bug, the other mods are congratulating Forum Assistants?

I didn't earn this! I'm too much of a *******!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    There's a few threads in the "About TSR" forum. One mod saying it's a bug, the other mods are congratulating Forum Assistants?

Check this out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post30628064

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    This ^

I don't understand people who deviate from this. Its strikes the best balance between building strength and building stamina
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)

that made me laugh, XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Nope.

I've always been quite slim. I tried the whole exercise, get muscle thing, but it's just not interesting at all. the most toned I was came from working on a mango farm. I couldn't really give a **** tbh. Arms are arms.
    Seconded. If you want to pull girls: Start smoking, ride a motorcycle and wear better clothes.

Bingo, bango, bongo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    This ^

I don't understand people who deviate from this. Its strikes the best balance between building strength and building stamina
    Best balance for who?

ReputationRep:
    eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    I definitely agree with you, we would probably have a really good body shape and look ripped...but it's wayyy too much and I dont know if it's worth it in the end

I dont want to get totally muscular though, but just have some definition in my arms/wrists and maybe a toned 6 pack like so: (maybe even less)

Its definitely wrth it, my goal is to be like Ryan Reynolds but more also the user lzlz on this is the kind of bod Im going for, slim, athletic but strong. And just stay there until Im like 60 and let myself go, haha. You quit too easily.

ReputationRep:
    Squats and milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrummerG)
    I have exactly the same problem. You quite simply have to work your freakin' ass off on the weights. Lifting 20lbs won't do anything for you... You've gotta be benching 30-40lbs and eating LOAAAADDDSSS of food. No food = No Muscle Build.
    benching 30-40 lbs

lolwut

ReputationRep:
    I've been working out for over two years and my arms are only 14's so yes, yes I hate my wimpy arms.

ReputationRep:
    Holy sh*t....

ReputationRep:
    do some climbing, they'll beef up in no time at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    benching 30-40 lbs

lolwut
    Those of us with small arms can't be benching anything more :P Sorry to be a disappointment, but I'm that lanky guy in the corner lifting things that you could lift while you sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Those of us with small arms can't be benching anything more :P Sorry to be a disappointment, but I'm that lanky guy in the corner lifting things that you could lift while you sleep.
    I doubt that you're that lanky :/

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that you're that lanky :/
    Naa not too lanky, but you get the picture ha.

ReputationRep:
    I loathe it... I'm going to do my best to change it over the next few months. Wish me luck.

(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I always see skinny guys only lifting the lightest of weights and doing the tiniest of reps (I observe them surreptitiously for a number of weeks) then they wonder why they never bulk up. I started off a skinny shapeless blobski with matchstick arms and a no-pack. I now have a decent body, decent arms and decent build. I'm not arnie or David Haye. Not aiming to be those guys, but I improved my physique (and arms) with perservation, motivation, lots of grub and a willingness to push myself further EVER session.

That's what YOU need to do too :dumbells:
    While I appreciate what you're saying about pushing yourself, there is a limit to how much a novice can lift. I have just started going to the gym in the last few weeks, and the weight I can bench would seem very pathetic to you... but if I try and do anymore I end up dropping the barbell on myself which is both sore and pointless. You can't lift beyond your physical limits, you can only lift up to your limit and then improve on it over time.

to be made fun off by the regulars at the gym?
    lol i'd rather not waste my money for that and just work out at home...somehow
    Firstly, the regulars at the gym are unlikely to laugh at you. Admittely I haven't been going for long, but when I do go to the gym, the regulars are perfectly nice and civil, and even helpful if you ask. And even if they do laugh at you, so what? They're in the wrong- not you.

There's no real way around it, doing some stretches in your living room will not have the same effects as doing proper resistance training. Either you find a way to go the gym/buy some gym equipment, or put up with small arms. Sad but true.Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ehm...40lbs is like the weight of an empty bar. I can't believe any guy putting effort into it can only bench 20kgs lol.

ReputationRep:
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, did try and bulk up in summer worked a bit but I quit the gym Should have stayed to be honest was starting to see some results, i've lost half a stone since

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.