Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    I just looked at the dress code and saw 'no extreme hairstyles'.

:/ I'm not sure if mine counts as extreme. It's just kinda long, would they not allow that?
    Now THAT part they exaggerate BIG time dont worry about it at all they dont really care, we have boys here with hair touching their eyes and nothing is said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I went there for sixth form three years ago... I had average GCSEs. They like to play up their reputation a lot and remind you that you're "lucky to be here".
    Depends on what your taking. Like I said places this year are less so their is more competiton, also if people with A*'s apply they are more likely to apply.

Still kudos to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Now THAT part they exaggerate BIG time dont worry about it at all they dont really care, we have boys here with hair touching their eyes and nothing is said.
    Oh, that's good. I have quite long hair.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4697975_n.jpg

They won't say anything about that, would they?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's good. I have quite long hair.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4697975_n.jpg

They won't say anything about that, would they?
    Wow thats long, they shouldnt though we have a dude with similar hair. Just dont let it grow so much that it obscure your vision thats all

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Thanks so much, you've been a big help! What's this private study thing about?

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Thanks so much, you've been a big help! What's this private study thing about?
    Its alright dont worry about it
    Ah thats basically a designated time in your timetable where you either go to the sixth form study are or the library to do work. I love the library so I would go there its like revising in a way but you can do homework, catch up work whatever it is as long as its work related to your studies

ReputationRep:
    Its alright dont worry about it
    Ah thats basically a designated time in your timetable where you either go to the sixth form study are or the library to do work. I love the library so I would go there its like revising in a way but you can do homework, catch up work whatever it is as long as its work related to your studies
    Do you guys have much stuff for badminton?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have much stuff for badminton?
    Unfortunately not, we have football, table tennis that can be used whenever but the gym and sports hall are students only im afraid sorry

EDIT : Sorry but I completely forgot about the area next to our front field, there you can play netball and basminton or tennis. I dont know if you can do it as a lesiure things in between free periods. Want me to ask for you?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not, we have football, table tennis that can be used whenever but the gym and sports hall are students only im afraid sorry

EDIT : Sorry but I completely forgot about the area next to our front field, there you can play netball and basminton or tennis. I dont know if you can do it as a lesiure things in between free periods. Want me to ask for you?
    Yes please! That'd be really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Yes please! That'd be really helpful.
    Will do the. I'm off for today, I'll reply to any other posts tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Oh, thanks so much for telling me this! I was really worried that they might reject me solely from looking at my application. How did you do in the interview? I had mine today and I thought I was looking a bit... scruffy? I felt really out of place with everyone in their school blazers, short clean haircuts and everything.

I've got my A* in maths and predicted a few more A*s, a few As and a couple Bs. Am I just stressing over it for no reason?
    well when i had my interview, they called me up in the middle of the day when i was in ilford with ma mates, so didnt really have the best "smart" look loool. i dont think it really what you looked like as long as they can tell that your genuinely a good student and alryt with the subject you choose

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any of their interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Sons of *****es told me at interview "oh i'd love for you to come to this college!" next thing you know. Bam, rejected. Grr. mind you this was 4 years ago haha, and yes i'm still bitter :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Sons of *****es told me at interview "oh i'd love for you to come to this college!" next thing you know. Bam, rejected. Grr. mind you this was 4 years ago haha, and yes i'm still bitter :P
    Its a sixth form

Ahh unlucky, things have changed they are much more lenient. Which place did you end up going to?

ReputationRep:
    Its a sixth form

Ahh unlucky, things have changed they are much more lenient. Which place did you end up going to?
    yeh basically same thing init!

ended up going to Forest School, weirdly the guy who interviewed the same time as me at seven kings ended up going there as well, now we're good friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    yeh basically same thing init!

ended up going to Forest School, weirdly the guy who interviewed the same time as me at seven kings ended up going there as well, now we're good friends!
    Its not but I cba to argue

Wow funny how life works, dont worry you didnt miss out on much.

ReputationRep:
    ive got 9A's and 3 B's, no interview...straight rejection ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEY_101)
    ive got 9A's and 3 B's, no interview...straight rejection ):
    Aww :c

ReputationRep:
    Does many student from seven kings go to one to the top unis in the uk? ive heard many go to smaller ones liek uni of exeter /brighton...etc

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends what you study, we have had a fair few go on to Kings, UCL, Cambridge, Oxford, etc.. It really depends on what course you take I suppose.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.