Turn on thread page Beta

Do you lose weight as quicly as you've gained it? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just wondering, heard a while back somewhere that you can lose the weight you have gained in the same amount of time that it took you to gain it =/ by excercise and stuff lol, is it true?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Untrue 90% of the time. It can take you a very short time to put on a stone but months to lose it.

Running is good though, I've lost a ton load of weight really fast after not losing a gram doing cardio/aerobics for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    Not true most of the time....

Its a general law of nature:

Its easy to create chaos from order, but creating order from chaos is sometimes impossible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Untrue 90% of the time. It can take you a very short time to put on a stone but months to lose it.

Running is good though, I've lost a ton load of weight really fast after not losing a gram doing cardio/aerobics for a very long time.
    So running isn't aerobic? lol. You lose more weight doing strength training because your body gets used to doing cardio after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbelle92)
    So running isn't aerobic? lol. You lose more weight doing strength training because your body gets used to doing cardio after a while.
    i was thinking of doing like 50% cardio and 50% strength training at the gym like 30 minutes each would that work?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.