Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Women are now going for effeminate men. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Because it says a lot about personality really. Looks are becoming more mutually exclusive with personality.

ReputationRep:
    Natural attraction I guess? Can't help thinking they look nice, well the good looking ones anyway. When you find one's that are good looking, you tend to see they are better looking then other types of men, from what I see. Anyway it's just attraction that can't exactly be explained.

Some people think it's to do with culture (well, I'm talking about asian culture in particular) men have always been dominate, and insensitive to women more and they look for this ineffectively, maybe... Or just that this is popular at the moment and trend is trend (not that I like guys celebrities that wear eye liner though).

Out of curiosity but why do people think this is a problem, people should be allowed to be what they are, it's like confining people because of sex, anyway, they aren't that overdone really, they do still seem masculine to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    But you can still get guys who are in shape ergo you would not adapt because it is not the case that everyone has gone fat............
    All that has happened is peoples standards have slipped because they are too lazy to get in shape for someone who is also in good shape and healthy.:rolleyes:
    I'm sure that very much suits your dim view of people today but that's not really the case. I don't know about you, but I'm not actually able to choose what features I am attracted and often find myself attracted to guys who aren't archetypal males (so-called effeminates) but still view them as "out of my league" so I wouldn't call that lowering my standards at all. Again, I don't know about you but when I find myself attracted to someone I don't exactly take their level of exercise into account first. You make it sound like this conscious thing "oh I'm really lazy and don't want to go to the gym and get fit, therefore I'm not even worthy of finding this really hot muscly guy attractive. I'll never be able to keep up with him so I'll not be attracted to him but will be attracted to this lazy guy instead"

Furthermore, I don't know why you're assuming that men you and the OP consider effeminate are unhealthy and have bad genes. A fringe and skinny jeans doesn't mean this guy isn't healthy and neither does skinny arms. Sure, skinny arms mean the guy doesn't work out but that doesn't mean he does **** all exercise/lives unhealthily either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I'm sure that very much suits your dim view of people today but that's not really the case. I don't know about you, but I'm not actually able to choose what features I am attracted and often find myself attracted to guys who aren't archetypal males (so-called effeminates) but still view them as "out of my league" so I wouldn't call that lowering my standards at all. Again, I don't know about you but when I find myself attracted to someone I don't exactly take their level of exercise into account first. You make it sound like this conscious thing "oh I'm really lazy and don't want to go to the gym and get fit, therefore I'm not even worthy of finding this really hot muscly guy attractive. I'll never be able to keep up with him so I'll not be attracted to him but will be attracted to this lazy guy instead"

Furthermore, I don't know why you're assuming that men you and the OP consider effeminate are unhealthy and have bad genes. A fringe and skinny jeans doesn't mean this guy isn't healthy and neither does skinny arms. Sure, skinny arms mean the guy doesn't work out but that doesn't mean he does **** all exercise/lives unhealthily either.
    Dim view? I'm sorry, but when did ignorant opinion count as fact compared to papers and conferences? :rolleyes:
    I have never found a girl who likes effeminate men to be attrative or in good shape so explain that amazing mystery. This would also explain why these type of girls decided to go for effeminate men over classical men because classical men want more and most girls now are lazy and can not be bothered to sort themselves out.
    Being a skinny guy does show a lack of exercise as men should not be skinny and should be stronger then the woman.

Either way, everything you said is opinion so unless you have substantiated facts, you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Dim view? I'm sorry, but when did ignorant opinion count as fact compared to papers and conferences? :rolleyes:
    I have never found a girl who likes effeminate men to be attrative or in good shape so explain that amazing mystery. This would also explain why these type of girls decided to go for effeminate men over classical men because classical men want more and most girls now are lazy and can not be bothered to sort themselves out.
    Being a skinny guy does show a lack of exercise as men should not be skinny and should be stronger then the woman.

Either way, everything you said is opinion so unless you have substantiated facts, you are wrong.
    This is my opinion...

I have to say I am more attracted to so called effeminate men in comparison to the masculine guys. And it's not to do with any insecurity on my part. I particuarly attract the more built guys than the slimmer ones which is a pain, as I DO NOT WANT.
    However, I am lucky to have met someone who is active but not massively muscled and he is so much more attractive to me for it. He is a natural ectomorph but does weights to tone and that's perfection to me. And to put the icing on the cake, he has an adorable, beautiful face with glowing skin.

I am attracted to chicness and being refined. I associate that with beauty and attractiveness. I do not find burping like a buffoon, lad mentality, massive bulk and poorly managed head/body hair to be particularly attractive. Perhaps because I feel no psychological/physical need to be protected unlike some women. I am very physically active myself and practice muay thai, circuits, tennis and dance classes as well as the odd body pump for body conditioning, I feel very well equipped to look after myself and others around me.

I think you are being a bit simplistic to infer that all women with this taste in men have some sort of 'problem'.

I love pretty boys. They are beautiful and I like to do them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    This is my opinion...

I have to say I am more attracted to so called effeminate men in comparison to the masculine guys. And it's not to do with any insecurity on my part. I particuarly attract the more built guys than the slimmer ones which is a pain, as I DO NOT WANT.
    However, I am lucky to have met someone who is active but not massively muscled and he is so much more attractive to me for it. He is a natural ectomorph but does weights to tone and that's perfection to me. And to put the icing on the cake, he has an adorable, beautiful face with glowing skin.

I am attracted to chicness and being refined. I associate that with beauty and attractiveness. I do not find burping like a buffoon, lad mentality, massive bulk and poorly managed head/body hair to be particularly attractive. Perhaps because I feel no psychological/physical need to be protected unlike some women. I am very physically active myself and practice muay thai, circuits, tennis and dance classes as well as the odd body pump for body conditioning, I feel very well equipped to look after myself and others around me.

I think you are being a bit simplistic to infer that all women with this taste in men have some sort of 'problem'.

I love pretty boys. They are beautiful and I like to do them!
    Fair enough, however why do you only categories men as being either effeminate or massive rough morons?
    What happened to the classic gentleman who was in great shape? He is not effeminate as he is everything a man should be and he is not rough scum either.

Or is it just that people get alpha male and rough ******** confused and think they are the same when they are most certainly not?

ReputationRep:

I never claimed that what I said was absolute fact, unlike some people. And yes, dim view - you seem to have a very negative view of people and will immediately jump to the worst conclusion you can.

Erm, you don't personally know every woman in the world? Maybe that could be why? And maybe you simply discourage any girls who do think like this from saying anything to you - most of the comments I've seen you make on this thread make you come across as a bit of a **** and if I were to know anyone like you in person, I'd steer well clear (not trying to insult you, but merely explain this so-called "mystery"). And whether or not you've actually met anyone like this in person, there's plenty of evidence for girls being attracted to "non-classical" men in this thread alone.

You're just repeating what you said before - why do you think that attraction is such a conscious thing? Whether a girl can be bothered to "sort herself out" or not really has no impact on what kind of guys she's attracted to. Of course it will make a difference to those she dates but that is a different matter.

No it doesn't show a lack of exercise at all. A guy who goes running everyday but doesn't work out will be getting exercise but will still have skinny arms.

For someone who seems obsessed with facts you seem pretty poor at presenting actual facts rather than your own opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, however why do you only categories men as being either effeminate or massive rough morons?
    What happened to the classic gentleman who was in great shape? He is not effeminate as he is everything a man should be and he is not rough scum either.

Or is it just that people get alpha male and rough ******** confused and think they are the same when they are most certainly not?
    I am speaking about effeminate in terms of both personality AND appearance.

The classic gentleman you speak of sounds like he'd have a mixture of feminine and masculine traits. To be the absolute 'man', surely we are speaking testosterone unhinged caveman stuff, so I had to use the extremes to make a point.

I am not however saying that I want to date a man in a dress. Just a man with a gentle personality with softer facial features (which also I find more friendly, warm and welcoming) and greater emotional availablity.

Men who are sensitive and are able to relate somehow to women and don't feel the need to always act macho will always trump the men who seem to need to go out their way to behave 'like a man'. I like effeminate guys because they are prepared to do things that might not appear manly and not give a stuff. That sort of mentality is really hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hareandhound)
    I think that lots of effeminate men, especially when they have the emo/androgynous style, are very manipulative and trick women into bed, to a far greater extent than most normal guys.

Also they are a certain attraction for an insecure or hyper nurturing girl.
    and tend to be more sensitive

ReputationRep:
    I never claimed that what I said was absolute fact, unlike some people. And yes, dim view - you seem to have a very negative view of people and will immediately jump to the worst conclusion you can.

Erm, you don't personally know every woman in the world? Maybe that could be why? And maybe you simply discourage any girls who do think like this from saying anything to you - most of the comments I've seen you make on this thread make you come across as a bit of a **** and if I were to know anyone like you in person, I'd steer well clear (not trying to insult you, but merely explain this so-called "mystery"). And whether or not you've actually met anyone like this in person, there's plenty of evidence for girls being attracted to "non-classical" men in this thread alone.

You're just repeating what you said before - why do you think that attraction is such a conscious thing? Whether a girl can be bothered to "sort herself out" or not really has no impact on what kind of guys she's attracted to. Of course it will make a difference to those she dates but that is a different matter.

No it doesn't show a lack of exercise at all. A guy who goes running everyday but doesn't work out will be getting exercise but will still have skinny arms.

For someone who seems obsessed with facts you seem pretty poor at presenting actual facts rather than your own opinions.
    The word you are looking for is pessimistic, not dim...
    Having to know everyone is a stupid point to make out as no one will hence why you go with statistics and generalisations.
    I, and everyone I know, has never found an attractive person to love effeminate men maybe because it is not that much of an attractive feature as it is an extreme and no one likes extremes? There is evidence of girls liking these men, but no evidence for them being attractive - no offence or anything.

Attraction is not a conscious thing - it is almost 100% subconscious, but very active. The image of a girl does affect who they try to get as a partner as they will be realistic and go for an equal, hence why ugly people go with ugly, and people with weight problems go for each other be it fat & fat or fat & very thin. This is all to do with the person actively knowing where they stand in the grand scale of attraction and knowing their chances of getting different partners (yes this has all been researched) thus they go for someone similar.

Skinny arms normally shows a level of unfitness as it would be hard and some what weird to do enough exercise to be healthy yet not to develop your biceps. (running would help to develop them)

As for facts, have a look at the weight section of this thread - everything is referenced.

ReputationRep:
    The word you are looking for is pessimistic, not dim...
    Having to know everyone is a stupid point to make out as no one will hence why you go with statistics and generalisations.
    I, and everyone I know, has never found an attractive person to love effeminate men maybe because it is not that much of an attractive feature as it is an extreme and no one likes extremes? There is evidence of girls liking these men, but no evidence for them being attractive - no offence or anything.

Attraction is not a conscious thing - it is almost 100% subconscious, but very active. The image of a girl does affect who they try to get as a partner as they will be realistic and go for an equal, hence why ugly people go with ugly, and people with weight problems go for each other be it fat & fat or fat & very thin. This is all to do with the person actively knowing where they stand in the grand scale of attraction and knowing their chances of getting different partners (yes this has all been researched) thus they go for someone similar.

Skinny arms normally shows a level of unfitness as it would be hard and some what weird to do enough exercise to be healthy yet not to develop your biceps. (running would help to develop them)

As for facts, have a look at the weight section of this thread - everything is referenced.
    They mean the same thing in this context; I wasn't saying you had stupid views, if that's what you think.
    Yes I know but using the women you've met as reliable statistics isn't the best of ideas either.
    How is there no evidence for them being attractive? Surely if a women likes these men she must in some capacity think that they are attractive (I'm guessing here you will say that there is evidence that women don't rate looks/attractiveness as highly as men but they do still do it). If we're going to use the people we know as evidence then I don't know anyone who likes someone without thinking they are attractive.

I repeat - there is a difference between who people find attractive and who people actually end up with although of course these are not mutually exclusive. Yes, fat people can end up with fat people etc but this doesn't mean that they don't find more muscular people attractive just that they don't act on these feelings because "they know where they stand". Ok then then - please show me evidence of this research.

Yes, because a professional athlete does exactly the same sort of exercise as a regular person does in order to be classed as healthy. Find me a picture of an average joe who does running but still has biceps like that. There seem to be countless threads on here of how difficult it is to gain muscle and how you need to control your diet in order to do it ("girls! don't be worried about gaining muscle from lifting weights, if it were that easy every guy you saw would have them by now!!") so how can someone doing aerobic exercise suddenly magic these muscles out of thin air?

I guess all us girls in this thread are just anomalies, then. But what I don't get is girls who like muscly guys but then don't like them to be hairy - surely this is some sort of contradiction in itself?

And even with all this data - it's telling me what women find attractive in general and even that is only the norm really, or what's "natural". The worst that can come of this is finding out that what I find attractive is abnormal and unnatural but considering today's society isn't exactly the most natural thing ever I don't think I really mind

ReputationRep:
    They mean the same thing in this context; I wasn't saying you had stupid views, if that's what you think.
    Yes I know but using the women you've met as reliable statistics isn't the best of ideas either.
    How is there no evidence for them being attractive? Surely if a women likes these men she must in some capacity think that they are attractive (I'm guessing here you will say that there is evidence that women don't rate looks/attractiveness as highly as men but they do still do it). If we're going to use the people we know as evidence then I don't know anyone who likes someone without thinking they are attractive.

I repeat - there is a difference between who people find attractive and who people actually end up with although of course these are not mutually exclusive. Yes, fat people can end up with fat people etc but this doesn't mean that they don't find more muscular people attractive just that they don't act on these feelings because "they know where they stand". Ok then then - please show me evidence of this research.

Yes, because a professional athlete does exactly the same sort of exercise as a regular person does in order to be classed as healthy. Find me a picture of an average joe who does running but still has biceps like that. There seem to be countless threads on here of how difficult it is to gain muscle and how you need to control your diet in order to do it ("girls! don't be worried about gaining muscle from lifting weights, if it were that easy every guy you saw would have them by now!!") so how can someone doing aerobic exercise suddenly magic these muscles out of thin air?

I guess all us girls in this thread are just anomalies, then. But what I don't get is girls who like muscly guys but then don't like them to be hairy - surely this is some sort of contradiction in itself?

And even with all this data - it's telling me what women find attractive in general and even that is only the norm really, or what's "natural". The worst that can come of this is finding out that what I find attractive is abnormal and unnatural but considering today's society isn't exactly the most natural thing ever I don't think I really mind
    Go read the evidence I linked - it explains everything, from girls not trying to get what they like to girls warping their opinion to convince themselves they find someone unattractive to be attractive because they are ugly. You only ever find ugly people calling other ugly folks attartive and never hot people calling ugly pep attractive all to do with self positioning on a natural attractiveness scale.

Thus my point is that women are going for effeminate guys because more women are now unattractive as many are overweight or do not bother with their appearance for what ever reason.

The picture shows that running develops all muscles thus to do a healthy amount of cardio and have skinny arms means that the person is not actually trying hard enough and is platoing due to being lazy.

Girls wanting muscle but not liking hairy guys is not a contraction as hair only grows on fat thus hairy guys are normally carrying extra fat or possibly have too much testosterone. Again, everything to do with attraction comes back to signs of health.

However,

this all being said, the guys in the UK do generally suck as you either have effeminate men or Neanderthal football supporters and effeminate men are far better then some squat skin head with half a brain cell.

ReputationRep:
    For all the retards saying "dressing style doesn't show one's personality", you're wrong. In today's world the way you dress tells everyone what type of a person you are.

And to the others saying that being masculine means having a shaven head, running around half-naked with a scarf of your football team, go out a bit more please.

Go read the evidence I linked - it explains everything, from girls not trying to get what they like to girls warping their opinion to convince themselves they find someone unattractive to be attractive because they are ugly. You only ever find ugly people calling other ugly folks attartive and never hot people calling ugly pep attractive all to do with self positioning on a natural attractiveness scale.

Thus my point is that women are going for effeminate guys because more women are now unattractive as many are overweight or do not bother with their appearance for what ever reason.

The picture shows that running develops all muscles thus to do a healthy amount of cardio and have skinny arms means that the person is not actually trying hard enough and is platoing due to being lazy.

Girls wanting muscle but not liking hairy guys is not a contraction as hair only grows on fat thus hairy guys are normally carrying extra fat or possibly have too much testosterone. Again, everything to do with attraction comes back to signs of health.

However,

this all being said, the guys in the UK do generally suck as you either have effeminate men or Neanderthal football supporters and effeminate men are far better then some squat skin head with half a brain cell.
    See second paragraph above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.
    Vaginas.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Everything you posted was utter tripe, but this in particular is striking. You posted a picture of a sprinter. Sprinters are muscular because they are involved in large volumes of resistance training to give them the power to run fast. Further, sprinting is not aerobic exercise like you are describing.

In fact, in order to increase muscle mass, cardiovascular exercise is exactly what you don't want to be doing. It is fairly well-established that doing lots of cardio is detrimental to muscle mass. Take, for example, a group of people who do use large amounts of cardiovascular exercise in their training; professional marathon runners:

http://kbhr933.com/wp-content/upload...lfnyrrorg1.jpg

Think they aren't 'trying hard enough'? Your capacity for making up complete bull**** and subsequently believing that it is fact is quite astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    I dunno it's just I don't think straighteners were really designed with men in mind, men are more into gels surely for haircare? I just think that men who spend forever on their hair need to man up a bit.
    You realise that lager was originally designed as a woman's drink? Yet men drink it now and it wasn't designed with them in mind... Why not moan about that instead?

And I'm yet to hear you give a logical account of how it is inherently feminine to care about one's appearance. I'm not looking for a flippant response; I want to be taken through a logical argument that clearly leads to that conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    And I'm yet to hear you give a logical account of how it is inherently feminine to care about one's appearance. I'm not looking for a flippant response; I want to be taken through a logical argument that clearly leads to that conclusion.
    Looking at the mirror, making sure that every strand of hair is looking perfect, covering out marks, etc, for 15 minutes =/= looking at yourself for a minute or two to ensure nothing's bad.

Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Looking at the mirror, making sure that every strand of hair is looking perfect, covering out marks, etc, for 15 minutes =/= looking at yourself for a minute or two to ensure nothing's bad.

Fact.
    Yes? Now, give me a logical account of how that is inherently effeminate. I'm not asking for some flippant response, I'm asking a for a logical account that directly and irrefutably leads to the conclusion you're proposing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Yes? Now, give me a logical account of how that is inherently effeminate. I'm not asking for some flippant response, I'm asking a for a logical account that directly and irrefutably leads to the conclusion you're proposing.
    Why?

Because it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    :rolleyes:

Everything you posted was utter tripe, but this in particular is striking. You posted a picture of a sprinter. Sprinters are muscular because they are involved in large volumes of resistance training to give them the power to run fast. Further, sprinting is not aerobic exercise like you are describing.

In fact, in order to increase muscle mass, cardiovascular exercise is exactly what you don't want to be doing. It is fairly well-established that doing lots of cardio is detrimental to muscle mass. Take, for example, a group of people who do use large amounts of cardiovascular exercise in their training; professional marathon runners:

http://kbhr933.com/wp-content/upload...lfnyrrorg1.jpg

Think they aren't 'trying hard enough'? Your capacity for making up complete bull**** and subsequently believing that it is fact is quite astounding.
    Accept almost everything I posted has evidence and what you say is yet again just ignorant opinion.......:rolleyes:

Sprinting vs marathon running. Most of those effeminate guys will be neither and probably just do a couple of minutes here and there because there is a clear difference between being skinny and close to zero body fat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.