Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I have sent my application with 5 choices but now I want to go to another university watch

ReputationRep:
    So that's basically my problem. I already completed my application and I made my 5 choices already. The thing is that there is another university I would like to go now, Queen mary university. Is there a way for me to apply to this university outside of ucas? Is there any solution can I substitue a choice? My application was sent the 14th of January and today is 31 of march.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Ring UCAS and ask them. Perhaps if you decline all your choices you might be able to apply to Queen Mary throguh UCAS Extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiesweet)
    So that's basically my problem. I already completed my application and I made my 5 choices already. The thing is that there is another university I would like to go now, Queen mary university. Is there a way for me to apply to this university outside of ucas? Is there any solution can I substitue a choice? My application was sent the 14th of January and today is 31 of march.
    Thank you.
    Check and see if your course is in UCAS extra

ReputationRep:
    No, you can't apply outside of ucas, at least not for an undergraduate course.

What you can do (this is HIGH RISK) is withdraw from all your choices, reject all offers and then try to apply to them through UCAS Extra
    You apply one course at a time, you won't have an insurance, success is far from guaranteed.

Be sure to check if your favourite course has places left though (it has a little x next to the course on the ucas course search).
    Also, bearing in mind how competitive applications are, you've got to be absolutely certain that this is what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiesweet)
    Thank you.
    Ask if they accept direct applications, outside of UCAS. Some unis still do this, though im not sure if QM is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Ring Queen Mary and enquire as to whether there are places left (UCAS is not always entirely up to date) and whether they would consider you in terms of your A Levels etc. Do that before you start rejecting choices, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I did something very very similar to this last year. Queen Mary considered my application outside of UCAS, and then they offered me something through Extra, even though they don't offer Law through Extra.
    So it is possible, but in my circumstances they were one of my original 5 but I firmed another university instead.
    If I were you, I'd ring up Queen Mary BEFORE you reject your choices and ask them if they will consider your application through Extra.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.