Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's fair that someone in my school was suspended for a day, for speaking out during assembly in order to rally support for March 26 March For the Alternative? I think a school detention would have been somewhat fair (as he did speak over the deputy head, who was at the time reading out notices; the teacher also happened to be using a microphone, so his voice drowned out the 'rebel'), but in my opinion a suspension is going a bit too far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Do you think it's fair that someone in my school was suspended for a day, for speaking out during assembly in order to rally support for March 26 March For the Alternative? I think a school detention would have been somewhat fair (as he did speak over the deputy head, who was at the time reading out notices; the teacher also happened to be using a microphone, so his voice drowned out the 'rebel'), but in my opinion a suspension is going a bit too far...
    There is a time and a place, and that time and a place is not in the middle of a school assembly, as that is just disrespectful and rude. The school is fully justified in its action.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the day of the suspension was the 26th March to enable him to attend the rally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    There is a time and a place, and that time and a place is not in the middle of a school assembly, as that is just disrespectful and rude. The school is fully justified in its action.
    To be fair, he did wait for the main assembly to end, and hardly anyone listens to the notices, which are available on the school intranet. I would agree that it was disrespectful, though.

(Original post by SemperVivum)
    I hope the day of the suspension was the 26th March to enable him to attend the rally!
    Is was a Saturday .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)

Is was a Saturday .
    Some schools have Saturday morning classes and sport in the afternoon - posh ones admittedly.

(I'm covering as I'd no idea what day of the week the rally was, or even what day it is today. My poor brain is fried! )

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.