Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i tell small lies, and i do so effortlessly to the point where sometimes i don't even realise i've done it to later. for example i was talking about a guy i went on a date with and i made up some nice things he said to me, it was only later when i was thinking i realised that i'd made them up. ill tell friends ive gone for a drink with friends without even thinking about the lie, its just comes out!
    my point is i find it so easy to lie and sometimes don't even notice im doing it! they are small , harmless lies but it's still kinda odd!
    anyone been in a similar situation, advice?

i do this sometimes. i think it's a nervous thing. and i just exaggerate or add in a few things to keep myself chatting. but i actually imagine that it happened. then later think "why did i say that crap?"

ReputationRep:
    I do this too. It's weird. Like my boyfriend will ring me up and say "what you doing" and I'll just say something totally random like "watching tv" or "having some food" when in reality I'm just online. Why don't I just say "just browsing online"?!?! I don't know why I do it, I just do?

ReputationRep:
    Same. Not actual lies which make any difference and never on purpose. But like, I walked into New Look once looking for a coat I'd seen in another store, they asked me which and I said Cheltenham instead of Oxford, even though there was entirely no reason to :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    For me its when i imagine something too much i start to believe it actually happened, especially things i dreamt about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i tell small lies, and i do so effortlessly to the point where sometimes i don't even realise i've done it to later. for example i was talking about a guy i went on a date with and i made up some nice things he said to me, it was only later when i was thinking i realised that i'd made them up. ill tell friends ive gone for a drink with friends without even thinking about the lie, its just comes out!
    my point is i find it so easy to lie and sometimes don't even notice im doing it! they are small , harmless lies but it's still kinda odd!
    anyone been in a similar situation, advice?
    Do you lie to yourself that you have a whopper for a penis?

When in fact it is more french fries?

ReputationRep:
    Lies.

ReputationRep:
    Wacko

thanks, the responses make me feel a bit more normal!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.