Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anything but a janitor.

will a degree in computer science be of any use? i kinda like the idea of waking up early in the morning, smoking a fat spliff then working in a place filled with bare freshies walking about aimlessly.

seriously, i've seen chavs working at airports (and i love chavs). so are there any particular requirements? and how bad is the pay for your average airport job

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=working+in+an+airport

Seriously, people should use google more..

ReputationRep:
    They say that even to work in the duty free shops this is highly competitive.
    I just can't be bothered to write a CV and email it

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean like just in a coffee shop or something? Or like a baggage handler?

ReputationRep:
    What job do you want specifically?

• Sky Cap?
    • Director?
    • Baggage handler?
    • Check in desk receptionist?
    • Customer Services?
    • Fixed Based Operator Linesperson?
    • Air traffic controller?
    • Duty Free sales assistant?
    • Immigration officer?
    • Orrifice Violator?

Going to have to break it down for us bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    What do you mean like just in a coffee shop or something? Or like a baggage handler?
    lol coffee shop, wtf? am i a ******** in life haha

i really don't know, preferably anything computer/maths related!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    What job do you want specifically?

• Sky Cap?
    • Director?
    • Baggage handler?
    • Check in desk receptionist?
    • Customer Services?
    • Fixed Based Operator Linesperson?
    • Air traffic controller?
    • Duty Free sales assistant?
    • Immigration officer?
    • Orrifice Violator?

Going to have to break it down for us bro
    i'm looking for a job in the airport where i'll be surrounded by people, and where i get to use a computer. oh, and must have a pay of £30000, but i'll go down to £25000 if i'm asking for too much. i'll probably make the rest of my money illegally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    They say that even to work in the duty free shops this is highly competitive.
    I just can't be bothered to write a CV and email it
    would a sexy algerian with a computer science degree have a chance of pwning this competition?

i've seen dumbass chavs working at airports, can't be that hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lean bean)
    anything but a janitor.

will a degree in computer science be of any use? i kinda like the idea of waking up early in the morning, smoking a fat spliff then working in a place filled with bare freshies walking about aimlessly.

seriously, i've seen chavs working at airports (and i love chavs). so are there any particular requirements? and how bad is the pay for your average airport job
    Heathrow chal-jana si!

Practically 7/8 apne' people I know from Southall and Hayes all work at Heathrow airport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'James Hunt')
    Heathrow chal-jana si!

Practically 7/8 apne' people I know from Southall and Hayes all work at Heathrow airport.
    can you rephrase that please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odacel)
    Airports are great. I work part-time in a bakery at Copenhagen Airport, and even though I'm not planning to stay there forever it's much better than working at a "regular" bakery.
    what's the pay like babes

ReputationRep:
    would a sexy algerian with a computer science degree have a chance of pwning this competition?

i've seen dumbass chavs working at airports, can't be that hard?
    No idea if you can pwn the competition. My White friend with a bunch of qualifications got turned down to work at McDonalds yet a bunch of freshies without a qualification to their name work there,

you never know about anything these days

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trust you with a pocket calculator, let alone a computer.

ReputationRep:
    can you rephrase that please?
    lol, i thought you were indian because you used the word 'freshies'. sorry

Basically i said you should have went Heathrow airport as most people I know from Southall/Hayes work there mainly as baggage handlers and run-staff as they have family or friends whoe reccomend them to their bosses when a position is open.

ReputationRep:
    Heathrow chal-jana si!

I was waiting for someone to say this, yes it's true there's too many Indians. Blaady

ReputationRep:
    your average airport job

ReputationRep:
    lol, i thought you were indian because you used the word 'freshies'. sorry

Basically i said you should have went Heathrow airport as most people I know from Southall/Hayes work there mainly as baggage handlers and run-staff as they have family or friends whoe reccomend them to their bosses when a position is open.
    a freshy = somebody fresh off the boat, e.g. an indian who walks the streets in sandals and has a strong indian accent is a freshy. that's what it means in london anyway.

is there no apply for a job section or w/e on the heathrow website? or any other airport? seriously, getting high then doing some sh;t in the airport would be an amazing life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_n_b_crazi)
    Beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    a freshy = somebody fresh off the boat, e.g. an indian who walks the streets in sandals and has a strong indian accent is a freshy. that's what it means in london anyway.

is there no apply for a job section or w/e on the heathrow website? or any other airport? seriously, getting high then doing some sh;t in the airport would be an amazing life.
    British born Indian's call indians from living in Britain freshies. I thought you were British Indian.

ReputationRep:
    British born Indian's call indians from living in Britain freshies. I thought you were British Indian.
    bruv i'm not indian

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.