Turn on thread page Beta

Your Favourite "Prince and Pauper" foods! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RexyB)
    Prince: Pork shu mai

Pauper: Cerelac (which is technically baby food)
    I LOVE cerelac!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nymphadora)
    My pauper food would have to be these:
    Attachment 98579
    Basics chicken flavour noodles Being a vegan I don't really get that many options for cheap, quick (ridiculously unhealthy) food and these tick all the right boxes. And they're only 10p which works out at 5p a meal, which is great for when I have no money or I need to grab something quick to eat

My prince food is sweet pointed red peppers
    Attachment 98580
    I hate every other kind of pepper but love these. I'm really not sure how but they are superior in every way to normal pepper
    5p a meal... As in you eat HALF a pack of noodles as a meal?!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I don't think I buy any cheap stuff anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Pauper food - Pasta, Rainbow drops =]

Prince food - Salmon - too expensive for what it is but i love salmon!

ReputationRep:
    Pauper food:

Prince food:

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Proper bachelors super noodles, I wouldn't class as "pauper food". They're like six or seven times the price of the cheap variant!

ReputationRep:
    Pauper Food - Definately this!

Only 17p, but amazing

Prince Food -
    Fresh King Prawns, yummy!

and Innocent Smoothie. At £2.50 a bottle, and I have 2 bottles a week. Which is 104 Bottles a year at £260. Ouch :eek:

Shopping at Sainsburys probably doesn't help my student budget either...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just a pauper.

is my favourite cheap thing at the moment. And yes I eat them all in one go, but for 30p for 4 I think I'm entitled to!

As for prince foods... there's nothing really expensive I eat. I'm happy with the cheap stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    I'm just a pauper.

is my favourite cheap thing at the moment. And yes I eat them all in one go, but for 30p for 4 I think I'm entitled to!

As for prince foods... there's nothing really expensive I eat. I'm happy with the cheap stuff!
    Those chocolate mousses are great actually. My sister says they're bitter and have an odd aftertaste, but I think it's like the aftertaste of like, a cocoa... kinda like when you sneakily dip your finger into powdered drinking chocolate and take a sneaky taste.

ReputationRep:
    prince: caviar, foie gras, good toro, lobster, chateaubriand, steak medallions (grade A), aged venison etc etc etc

pauper: any traditional street food served from hawker trolleys: meat skewers made from the market leftovers, soups served in styrofoam cups

theres a guy that operates a one-selection dessert "eatery" under a stairwell between two buildings back home, no seats available, just flattened cardboard boxes and old newspapers, he sells a bowl for the equivalent of 20p, i go there at least 3 times a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmjessop)
    ...But more expensive than 2 Happy Hippos... I don't think you've quite got the point of this thread!
    But they are bigger

Better value for money

ReputationRep:
    oh, good thread!

Pauper foods: smart price extra mature cheddar cheese, onion ring and bacon crisps, ASDA chocolate mousses (50p for 4!), iced gems multipacks.
    Prince foods: proper tinned tomatoes, alpen bars, fresh fish, slices of deli meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    But they are bigger

Better value for money
    Bigger doesn't always mean better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espada00)
    prince: caviar, foie gras, good toro, lobster, chateaubriand, steak medallions (grade A), aged venison etc etc etc

pauper: any traditional street food served from hawker trolleys: meat skewers made from the market leftovers, soups served in styrofoam cups

theres a guy that operates a one-selection dessert "eatery" under a stairwell between two buildings back home, no seats available, just flattened cardboard boxes and old newspapers, he sells a bowl for the equivalent of 20p, i go there at least 3 times a week
    Do you ALWAYS buy these? Your wallet must be bulging espada!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmjessop)
    Bigger doesn't always mean better...
    It does in this case :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Pauper food:
    Go to Sainsburys. Go to the bakery section. Buy yourself a couple of cheese twists. My god, these things are delicious. And at two for £1 they are cheap as well.
    That's not cheap! I think they're 5 for £1 in my local bakery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    That's not cheap! I think they're 5 for £1 in my local bakery.
    I'm getting ripped off :mad:

Oh well, the self service machine at sainsburys is crap, so I just put 6 in a bag and pay for 2 :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting ripped off :mad:

Oh well, the self service machine at sainsburys is crap, so I just put 6 in a bag and pay for 2 :mmm:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Prince...

Pauper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    :eek:
    I'm a rebel :smug:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.